Media Center and XP? Difference?

Raffaz said:
Im running MCE 2005 now and ive never had problems with it, ya must have been one of the unlucky ones :)

I'm thinking so. My parents never had a problem with it on their PC. I guess mine must have been unlucky since it had all the dell bloatware and crap in it.

I actually liked media center version. I'm not really sure about bugs just got to check it out on my moms new labtop. Basically they have some advanced slideshow presentations with there picture viewing and other media effects.

I just ordered my new system and did find out a few differences in OEM vs Retail. First OEM's warranty is different which doesn't really matter on a OS though. I just bought the intel's e6600 processor through tigerdirect. They had the OEM version that came with a free 1gb mp3 player however it only had a 1 year warranty vs retails 3 year warranty and also didn't come with a cpu fan which the retail version did. So basically they gave you the mp3 player for free which costs $30 bucks on there website then you have to buy a $30 fan for it. So I payed 2 bucks more and got the retail version with everything and the better warranty plus got ghost recon 3 advanced warfighter pc game with it also.

troy272 said:
I've found that media center had a lot of stability issues. I had it on my PC before I got a new HDD with Home Edition OEM and I had nothing but trouble with it. The media center liked to crash a lot and wouldn't load a lot of the time. I prefer home edition because it's cheaper and it seems to be more stable. Pro is good too but I have no use for all the extra stuff in it.

Media Center 2005 is XP pro with the media center app included.............

If your system is crashing with it you have some other issues going on..........XP pro is a very stable platform.
Alot of OEM's are free upgrading from XP home to XP Meda Center.........no-brainer here!

I've been running it for 1 1/2 years with zero issues.

troy272 said:
I'm thinking so. My parents never had a problem with it on their PC. I guess mine must have been unlucky since it had all the dell bloatware and crap in it.

Thats ya problem then lol

Back
Top Bottom