Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-11-2015, 12:56 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default Mechanical keyboard

Hello, so I'm looking for a new mechanical keyboard, at first I was between corsair k70 and few SS others.. But now I am between HHKB, ducky shine 5.. The problem is that there isn't any retailer in my country for ds and hh, so if something fucked up happens on the keyboard even if its not intentionally I'm kinda in trouble.. Should I risk it?

Sent from my MI 4W using Computer Forums mobile app

Gosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:16 PM   #2
Beta Member
Default Re: Mechanical keyboard

Logictech~ g710 plus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 05:00 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

any keyboard that uses Cherry MX switches is going to be fine. IMHO they are more reliable than traditional keyboards that use membrane switches, and most reputable brands such as Corsair and CMStorm ensure good build quality.

the K70 is a good keyboard - but do some research into different types of switches and decide what kind of mechanical switch would best suit you. Each different colour (e.g. Cherry MX Red, MX Brown and so on) represents a different actuation pressure (by that, I mean the pressure you need to apply to the key for it to register the key being pressed).

I've got a Razer Blackwidow, which uses Razer's own switch design that has a medium to heavy actuation, which is good for gaming because it's hard to accidentally hit a wrong key, but it's tough on the fingers for long typing tasks.
EVGA SLI Micro Z68 // Intel i5-2500k // 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz // Overclocked 2GB MSI R9 270X // Corsair Carbide SPEC-03 // Kingston Hyper-X 120GB // 2TB WD Green + 500GB WD Black
~Darkseeker~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:59 PM   #4
In Runtime

I have a CM Storm Quickfire Rapid Compact mechanical keyboard. I chose one without a numpad as I don't use one very often and prefer my hands to be closer together when I game. Plus it was cheaper than most at the time.
Antec 300 Illusion, Antec EarthWatts EA650, EVGA GTX 760, AMD FX 8320 x8, MSI 970A-G43, Sandisk 128GB,
Samsung 120GB, WD Black 750GB, WD Green 1TB, WD Red 3TB, G.SKILL Ripjaws 2x2GB,
Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2x2GB, Win7 Ult 64-bit, Func MS3, CM Storm QuickFire Rapid
TrotterTech is offline   Reply With Quote