Me and my dad have a bet....

dudeman88

Beta member
My games have been running pretty slow. He believes that it is slow due to the amount of music and films I have on the Computer. I believe it is due to the fact we only have 512mb of ram and a really cheap graphics card (RadeonX300 Series 128mb). We have a 145GB HDD and have used 80.7gb of that space.

Can someone tell us who is right?

My games have been running pretty slow. He believes that it is slow due to the amount of music and films I have on the Computer. I believe it is due to the fact we only have 512mb of ram and a really cheap graphics card (RadeonX300 Series 128mb). We have a 145GB HDD and have used 80.7gb of that space.

lol id say your right as all your music and films r doing is taking up space on the hard drive

Ya, you are definetely right. You still have more than enough space for your computer to be normal. You won the bet.

Looks like you won the bet, it's definitely RAM, things that take up storage space have no effect on the speed of your computer, unless it's a virus of course, but that's given. Any reward following this bet?

youre right. ask your friends, i know my friends say theyre parents say the same exact thing. everyone says theyre comp is slow and theyre parents say becuase they have too much programs music and videos, but in reality, anyone should know storage has nothing to do with speed, its the processor and the ram. if u have 512b ram and 145gbs then its ram (the lower one should be upgraded). programs and music do affect the speed somewhat, just becuase it takes longer to access the files, but not as affective as ram.

It's not the ram..

Is the card PLUS the ram.

Card works great with very game at a decent FPS at lowest settings. When you start to bump up the settings for graphics the card can pull its weight, but ram starts to lag it up because it has only what, 128mb?

I had the card before. I could play actually alot at high settings, however, after a while, the card was doing so much work, and my 1gb ram helped it, it just overheated itself.

Its quite the work horse though.

Back
Top Bottom