Is it me?

Im REALLY P*ssed off at the moment.

I Built my PC About 1 year ago (about that),and the list of problems keep on getting longer:

1. Strange power issues (When i press the power button,it switches it off and then back on again about 3 times before it will boot)
  2. My Wireless card and sound card have stopped working (Complaining about lack of resources even though i have disabled everything not needed)
  3. Overheating (CPU)
  4. Random Freezing (No matter what im doing wether surfing the internet or gaming)
  5. VERY Sluggish (Even under ubuntu)
  6. My 2nd DVD Drive appears *Sometimes* (it's not the drive)
  7. 1 USB Port not working
Now i built the PC By the books and i do regular maintence.It's not overclocked and has the latest drivers and BIOS Revisions,the BIOS has also been reset to the fail-safe settings.

Specs:
-Abit AN-M2HD Am2 Motherboard (Bought Used)
-AMD 4800+ X2
-2gb Kingston Valueram PC5400 (Bought Used)
-Seagate 320gb HDD (SATA) (Bought Used)
-Windows XP SP3 + Ubuntu 8.10
-nVidia 8800GTS 320mb (Bought Used)
-Netgear 511g PCI Wlan card (Bought Used)
-Sound blaster 24bit Sound card PCI (Bought Used)
-CoolerMaster Extreme Power 430w (Bought Used)
-Generic Case
-2x Liteon DVD Burners (IDE)

Have i chosen the wrong parts? Did i build it wrong? Or is it just bad luck?

At the moment,Im HEAVILY Considering parting it out and building a new rig.

Have you tried a new power supply? It's seems like your current PSU is acting up. That could explain why most of your drives show up sometimes and some of your cards have stopped working.

I would check the power supply and/or motherboard. When power circuits in the PSU start acting up, odd things happen.

Yeah the power supply answers the majority of your problems. Possibly a motherboard problem. Or peripheral issue. With the PCI slots.

From where?

Early Present from my parents :D

Silly thing is,my customers PC's (The ones i have built) NEVER have any problems! maybe i should stop be such a cheap-skate and actually buy brand name parts :D

Anywho,Im Gonna make a new thread to discuss new parts :)

Back
Top Bottom