Mcafee.. where's the slowdown?

ttomm461

Baseband Member
H

I got a half price deal on virus scan 2007..I was reluctant to buy even at 12.95 due to all i've read about how it slows systems down..

sorry but i haven't seen that happen..I checked the performance with my WiXp task manager and with a utility called clear info and it may take an extra 50mb of ram but I barely see any change on cpu performance...I am running 1.28 GB of ram amd a amd 2800+ athlon cpu if that makes a diffierence..my only complaint is i wish i could shut the security center off on my taskbar..I just did a full system scan and took about 30 minutes max.I know I went against prevailing wisdom.But after AVG let in a really nasty Trojan i was ready for something new.I know everyone hates mcafee but i don't see much system impact.. :cool:

Tom

ttomm46 said:
H

I got a half price deal on virus scan 2007..I was reluctant to buy even at 12.95 due to all i've read about how it slows systems down..

sorry but i haven't seen that happen..I checked the performance with my WiXp task manager and with a utility called clear info and it may take an extra 50mb of ram but I barely see any change on cpu performance...I am running 1.28 GB of ram amd a amd 2800+ athlon cpu if that makes a diffierence..my only complaint is i wish i could shut the security center off on my taskbar..I just did a full system scan and took about 30 minutes max.I know I went against prevailing wisdom.But after AVG lat a really nasty Trojan in i was ready for something new.I know everyone hates mcafee but i don't see much system impact.. :cool:

Tom
it wont slow your system down if you have 1gb ram or more , mainly only if you have like 512mb ram like i have it hogs resourses but with 1gb ram or more you are fine as you have enough rram to share around

thats good cause i'm a 61 year old game junkie..whoops just let out a secret lol :D

Back
Top Bottom