Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-22-2005, 06:04 AM   #71
Baseband Member
 
Tokinbudz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 57
Default Re: Mcafee VS. Norton VS. ZoneAlarm

[QUOTE=Giancarlo]Evidence is PC Magazine.. furthermore my arguments can't be flawed. Not ever.

Well thats all i need to hear to know you're an idiot.
__________________

__________________
Athlon 64 3500+ / Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
1gb Corsair DC Twin-X (512x2) Pc3200 LL
2x Asus EN6600GT w/76.10 Forceware (It Helps)
Sony DVD RW DRU-710A / Toshiba 16x DVD-ROM
Thermaltake Shark Aluminum Case w/Asus 4 in 1 Cool Ice CPU Fan
Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS
3DMark 2003 ~ 14682
Tokinbudz is offline  
Old 02-22-2005, 06:05 AM   #72
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Mcafee VS. Norton VS. ZoneAlarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinbudz
Yes those 14 people could have been anyone. Such as readers of that site who all seem to disagree that Norton is as great as the site says it is. Dont forget its people like that who are most commonly using those security systems. That much negative feedback from so many people and you still think youre sooo right. Open your eyes.
These all could of been the same person. I don't take user reviews with much credibility... I take the credibility of PC Magazine, as a magazine... 14 people is a lot of feedback? Somebody has been smoking something weird today... and it certainly was not me. You open your own pathetic eyes.

And stop attacking other peoples sexuality because you find it fun.
__________________

Giancarlo is offline  
Old 02-22-2005, 06:05 AM   #73
Site Team
 
root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,007
Default Re: Mcafee VS. Norton VS. ZoneAlarm

I've been smashed because you posted one link...

even that link says that norton is the most resource hungry virus scanner...

neh, if anyone has been smashed it you whatt with the 6 review links that have been posted this morning...
6 unique sources are better than one unique source.
root is offline  
Old 02-22-2005, 06:06 AM   #74
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Mcafee VS. Norton VS. ZoneAlarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by root
I've been smashed because you posted one link...

even that link says that norton is the most resource hungry virus scanner...

neh, if anyone has been smashed it you whatt with the 6 review links that have been posted this morning...
6 unique sources are better than one unique source.
Dude, for the last time... it says Norton isn't that bad for someone with a good machine and I got it. Besides, I notice the corporate edition is really compact and uses very little in the way of resources.

You have been smashed. Totally. That's the way of root. Being smashed everyday.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 02-22-2005, 06:08 AM   #75
Site Team
 
root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,007
Default Re: Mcafee VS. Norton VS. ZoneAlarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
These all could of been the same person. I don't take user reviews with much credibility...
But they weren't, they were by individual posters,
if the case was otherwise the duplicate accounts would have been removed by now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
And stop attacking other peoples sexuality because you find it fun.
Aggreed, sexual preference has nothing to do with computing ability or knowledge...
if you want to join an argument take the best route and argue with facts, not biggotry.
root is offline  
Old 02-22-2005, 06:10 AM   #76
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Mcafee VS. Norton VS. ZoneAlarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by root
But they weren't, they were by individual posters,
if the case was otherwise the duplicate accounts would have been removed by now!
Uh huh. And if you actually read some of those reviews, some of them were positive and others were negative. But even the ones positive, I don't like. They just aren't complete.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 02-22-2005, 06:11 AM   #77
Baseband Member
 
Tokinbudz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 57
Default

Stfu with your lame "smashing". A lot more then 14 people when you look at all the other likes with negative feedback. Oh by the way, notice your lame ass hasnt found any negative feedback or reviews about Mcafee????? I see lots for Norton but none for Mcafee. Hmmmmmmm. What the hell do you base your smashing off of. A magazine review? Find me some negative stuff on Mcafee and until you do youve smashed nobody and youre debating skills are very weak.
__________________
Athlon 64 3500+ / Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
1gb Corsair DC Twin-X (512x2) Pc3200 LL
2x Asus EN6600GT w/76.10 Forceware (It Helps)
Sony DVD RW DRU-710A / Toshiba 16x DVD-ROM
Thermaltake Shark Aluminum Case w/Asus 4 in 1 Cool Ice CPU Fan
Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS
3DMark 2003 ~ 14682
Tokinbudz is offline  
Old 02-22-2005, 06:13 AM   #78
Site Team
 
root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,007
Default Re: Mcafee VS. Norton VS. ZoneAlarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
Dude, for the last time... it says Norton isn't that bad for someone with a good machine and I got it.
My point -AVG / NOD32 / AVAST is better in this respect because it places no resource prerequisits, and no noticable slowdown.

Quote:
Besides, I notice the corporate edition is really compact and uses very little in the way of resources.
Apparantly user reviews are not credible and do not count...
where is your linked aevidence to support this?

Quote:
You have been smashed. Totally. That's the way of root. Being smashed everyday.
Well yes I do like to get smashed...
but as far as this argument goes you are loosing pathetically and the saddest thing is you don't even realise it.
root is offline  
Old 02-22-2005, 06:15 AM   #79
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Mcafee VS. Norton VS. ZoneAlarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinbudz
Stfu with your lame "smashing". A lot more then 14 people when you look at all the other likes with negative feedback. Oh by the way, notice your lame ass hasnt found any negative feedback or reviews about Mcafee????? I see lots for Norton but none for Mcafee. Hmmmmmmm. What the hell do you base your smashing off of. A magazine review? Find me some negative stuff on Mcafee and until you do youve smashed nobody and youre debating skills are very weak.
Your issue is the 14 people who left feedback weren't all negative. And why are you resorting to names now? What are you going to do next? Insult my sexuality? I have sources. I'm getting some sources on McAfee. And my debating skills can't be weak (I actually study this for a living). You are the on with tired, weak debating skills.

More on Norton Anti-virus..

http://reviews.cnet.com/Norton_AntiV...-30998882.html

Editors' rating: 7.7 Good
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 02-22-2005, 06:16 AM   #80
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Mcafee VS. Norton VS. ZoneAlarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by root
My point -AVG / NOD32 / AVAST is better in this respect because it places no resource prerequisits, and no noticable slowdown.
But AVG and Avast lets trojan horses through. I guess in root's mind.. that's a good thing. Afterall, we must have enough of those trojan horses to mess up our computers!

Quote:
Well yes I do like to get smashed...
but as far as this argument goes you are loosing pathetically and the saddest thing is you don't even realise it.
No. It is not. Actually your argument is losing pathetically and you can't realize it. You need help. Serious help.
__________________

Giancarlo is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0