Mcafee VS. Norton VS. ZoneAlarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which one is better and why? I have used all 3 and personally prefer Zonealarm for its ease of use but I am asking about Security Features and which is better.

I vote Zonealarm!

ZoneAlarm is a firewall correct me if I'm wrong. First off, Norton is the best Anti-virus software out there. The less cluttered, and the most effective. McAfee doesn't even come close.. I have the corporate edition of Norton.. my uni gave it free...

Zonealarm is free and is easy to remove (key wise). but have you ever tried removing Norton! it has so many keys in the registry that it's like if Norton doesn't want you to remove it.
Never even bothered trying McAfee; can't try them all!

ZoneAlarm the free version I am not sure if it is just a firewall or not I should have made it more clear I mean Mcafee VS. Norton VS. Zonealarm Security Suite lol Security suite is an antivirus and firewall

I've used norton brfore, then scanned with another and found virusses that it didn't, so I just don't trust norton.
I've also seen people contract sasser type virus wormswhilstusing norton antivisrus (though obviosly with thefirewall switched off)...

Personally, I find that following patch advice and enabling the windows firewall is enough,
I run free AVG 7 each day on a schedule but it never finds anything. I run Spybot perhaps once a month and it never finds anything of any harm.

That's utterly ridiculous.. ask me why the government uses Norton Anti-virus and why it works for them perfectly fine. I've seen plenty of people contract virsuses using free software like AVG and Avast.

It happens, not all antivirsu are as up-to-date as their website portfolios ould have you believe.

I'm only saying what happened.
Norton missed several virii, it's just the case that their definitions for that particular virus wasn't available at that time, but it was on the free anti virus.

I've see the same thing in reverse, and the problem is not limited to norton, but I haveheard this story a lot more from people converting away from norton rather than to norton.

I don't trust you. I am saying your free virus software is probably less reliable then Norton. Norton Corporate Edition is near to flawless.

This topic has been posted so many times, I lost count. Again, I will go with Norton. Very reliable, new updates arrive fast, better security, and just darn reputable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom