Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-13-2006, 04:10 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Default Mcafee installation with disc

It says on the cd instruction manual to install AFTER uninstalling all antibirus products currently on the computer. Does this include spybot search and destroy? I have uninstalled an old version of mcafee I was given at my previous university, but the epo shield is still in the bottom right corner of the screen. How do I get rid of it completely?

Thank you.

novahifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:38 PM   #2
XEN
In Runtime

Default Re: Mcafee installation with disc

I don't think it matters, I think the installation works regardless... but you will probably be able to get rid of it by pressing Control+Alt+Del on your keyboard, and under the processes tab find the corresponding process and click end now. hope I helped!

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 |Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi/AP | 2x512 Crucial XMS2 5400 PRO | XFX GeForce 7600GT XXX Edition | 250 GB SATA Seagate 7200.10 | DVD RW | CD RW | SB Live! card | Thermaltake Soprano case
XEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 02:24 PM   #3
Baseband Member

I'm having problems with the McAfee 2007 Totla Protection causing the computer to run really slowly and intermittently disabling the wireless connection to the internet (via a USB 54g wireless adapter).

Are there any ways round this? Thank you.
novahifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:21 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by novahifi
I'm having problems with the McAfee 2007 Totla Protection causing the computer to run really slowly and intermittently disabling the wireless connection to the internet (via a USB 54g wireless adapter).

Are there any ways round this? Thank you.
I do know why it's making the computer run slow, Mcafee is a total resource hog! that and Norton are probably two of the most memory hungry programs out there. As for the wireless problem, try disabling wireless security (if that's in mcafee) and see if that helps. I'm not sure if mcafee has wireless security or not but if it does try disabling it. If all else fails, if you just bought it recently you could go ask for a refund and get a different product.