McAfee Firewall any good

jim1

BSOD
McAfee Firewall is it any good? please help.

Is McAfee Firewall any good my freind lent me the disk and was just wondering if its as good as zonealarm?
can you trust Zonealarm alone to protect your pc?

ZoneAlarm...

I've been using zonealarm for a short time now but in that time it has blocked over 1000 attempts to shanghi my system. Nailed all of them.
As for the McAfee, I have not used it and can't make any useful comment. Besides zonealarm is free and so are the updates...

ZoneAlarm Pro 5 is currently the best Firewall out there on the market. Large corporations use this to protect themselves from spyware and viruses everyday. I also use this on my work computer and also on my home personal computer. If I were to suggest a Firewall I would suggest Zone Labs Zone Alarm Pro 5, it comes with a year of upgrades for free, so it is worth it.

yea, the problem is, Zone Alarm is able to protect your computer more that McAfee... that is what you have to think about, not that it has indefinately updates... With Zone Alarm you can get more updates for $20 a year. $40 for ZoneAlarm and you get 1 year free upgrades... then $20 a year after that for the upgrades. I think that it is worth it for what you do get!

because i have used both McAfee and ZoneAlarm, and by looking at the setup and coding, ZoneAlarm is able to stop more incoming illegal traffic than McAfee is... I mean get what you want, I am just trying to give a suggestion on what I know.

also, if you really want to see what is better, search it on google... look at some reviews on both McAfee and ZoneAlarm... I am just basically saying that Zone Alarm is currently the best FireWall Out there said by C.NET and PC Magazine. Just look at reviews on the comparison. You will probably get the fact that McAfee doesn't come close to ZoneAlarm.

Back
Top Bottom