This may sound stupid (concerning RAM)

It annoys me how many people post titles for threads such as "noob question" etc, everyone on these forums is here to help (minus a few) Don't be embaressed at asking a question.

Does your RAM have heatspreaders? What brand? And you should check in your BIOS and adjust the voltages manually.

Judjing by the voltages, it is normal that the sticks will warm up, but since they're all together, it will get even hotter. I'd suggest you to check if a case fan could be installed at the top of the case to draw that warm air, but I do believe a RAM cooler would help better. But in theory, it will not die on you.

I'm using Crucial Ballistix Tracers (yes, they have heatspreaders). And I think I will look into RAM cooling. Thanks all.

I think the lower-$$$ RAM sticks get hotter than the higher-$$$ RAM. Case in point, I had an HP Vectra (at work a few years ago) that I was working on and the RAM burned a square into my finger. But nowadays I think the RAM with like the heat spreaders are cooler IMO. Feel free to disagree. (damn I need to quit the rhyming)

It depends. DDR2 standard voltage is usually around 1.8V, but these sticks are supposed to run 2.2V from the factory, so it will get warm.

Back
Top Bottom