Maximum FX-55 temperature

radiaoctivem

Beta member
Hi,
I just bought an FX-55 and I have it hooked up with an ABIT Fatal1ty motherboard. The temperature at the moment is 66 celsius. What is the max temperature this CPU can handle? I am using a Gigabyte Neon 8 Cooler Pro with it. Could anyone reccomend a new cooler or something? I don't have cool and quiet enabled, someone told me not to enable it because it makes games lag. I don't know if that is true. Can anyone help me out?

Jack (Radioactive-monkey.com)

i dont know about the FX-55 but i have a amd 64 3200+ and it idles at 35C so yours is pretty hot but the zalman CNPS7700-CU will deffinately help make sure to use artic silver with it and what fans do you have on your case?

Official top temp for fx 55, 0.13 technology, running at 2.6 Ghz is 63 C, other models have a top temp of 70 C, so... you must do something...
In other words, a Sempron socket A is fresh as a lettuce at 66 C (topping at 90 C), but yours is burning...

I switched fans to the one that came with the CPU and it is now running at 61c while playing the Matrix Online. Thats ok yeah?

Better 60 or less.
You can do it with some Zalman hs/fan and Artic Silver compound...

Back
Top Bottom