In the market for a new Notebook

If I'm upgrading, I might as well get one that's worth it.

I'm going to sleep on it.

:]

I seriously doubt you'll be able to play much on an Averatec. Mine certainlly has no power. My old one is MUCH more powerful in the 3D aspects.

these days there's no point of getting a cheap laptop. You just need to get the best one out and hope it lasts you while.

Kosis said:
That's pretty neat, I didn't know you could customize a laptop.

It came out to $1600 though, ouch.

Yup. You can make a laptop a gaming machine, but it will cost an arm and a leg. Most people when going that route buy the best laptop money can buy, but remember that laptops can only be upgraded so much. They are limited as compared to desktop PCs where you can virtually turn those into servers or high end workstations. But a majority of the mid range laptops can play games but not the intensive high res games like half life, Doom 3, etc. My advice is to use the laptop for office/work use because of its portability and get a hgh end desktop for whatever you want to do.

I've actually heard better stuff about the small (3000 series) Averatecs than the larger ones... One of my friends has 2 of them(well, his sister has one) and both are apparently great.

Back
Top Bottom