Many problems HELP!

Kranky88

Baseband Member
Hi, im kinda a newby at computers so excuse my possibily stupid questions.

I got a new machine. Opteron 170 2ghz(wiht gigabyte cooler), 2GB ddr400 Corsair XMS platinum 2-3-3-6. msi 7900GT and the motherboard is an ASUS A8N SLI with one 36GB raptor (cos the other one failed)

I've got a few problems and need professional help. My cpu runs at about 30-38C on default

1. The ram i bought says it has latencies of 2-3-3-6 default but why does it run on 3-3-3-8 default?
2. I manually change the timings to 2-3-3-6 in the Bios but my computer dosnt boot.
3. I tried to OC my ram to 433mhz at 2-3-3-8 but my computer dosnt boot, arnt they ment to be a good Overclocker??
4. Should my rig be overclockable
5. I get only about 7800 in 3dmark 05, is that unusual?
6. When a USB printer of USB bluetooth is plugged in, my computer freezes at the "push delete to enter bios" screen.
7. Sometimes (50%) my computer does not turn off, i shut it down and it freezes at the "windows is shutting down screen" forever.

8.and also i only get 5400 cpu score in 3dmark05 why is it so low? is there something wrong with my dualcore opteron 170 2.0ghz? Does it make any difference if i havnt upgraded my bios becuase it says unkown cpu in my bios but on cpuz its fine.

Your help is much appreciated!

I advise you update that bios. It might sort those problems out!

As for 7800 3D Marks in 3D Mark 05, thats VERY good for no SLI!!!

yeah update your bios, it isn't recognizing your CPU, or at least it only see's one core(not sure if thats even possible).
also, you say you get 7800 and 5400 on 3dmark05, which is it?
either way that is a little low for a 7900. you should be getting in the 8000 range at least. with a dual core and 2GB of RAM, if you OC your CPU and vid card you could break 10000.

The total score is 7800 but "CPU" score is 5400, thanks for ur help i am gona update my bios now

Back
Top Bottom