Man i need help

PurleeDef

Solid State Member
I just bought a new computer but it has vista. Unfortunately Pro Tools isnt compatible with vista so I installed XP. Apparently i deleted a partition or some **** and had to run a driver to get my internet working...main problem right now is that my hard drive is saying it has 120ish gb when i know it has 500. Im not sure why this is...Also not 100% sure if my computer is running to its' capacity. It says it has 3.24gb of RAM instead of 4 but that's not a huge amount of difference to me.

Can anyone help me clean up my mess? lmao

first, welcome to the forums.
second, it might be saying 120ish gb, maybe because the rest is not partitioned/created, so when you install windows, make sure you completely delete all the drives, and it should say unpartitioned, and it should be around 500gb, then create a partition with as much as you can, and reinstall xp, and you should have your space, unless its multiple hard drives.
then as of the ram, windows XP 32 bit can only have 3.5 gb max i think, and your video card/integrated graphics might be one of those shared ones, which took about 256mb off of your system ram

first, welcome to the forums.
second, it might be saying 120ish gb, maybe because the rest is not partitioned/created, so when you install windows, make sure you completely delete all the drives, and it should say unpartitioned, and it should be around 500gb, then create a partition with as much as you can, and reinstall xp, and you should have your space, unless its multiple hard drives.
then as of the ram, windows XP 32 bit can only have 3.5 gb max i think, and your video card/integrated graphics might be one of those shared ones, which took about 256mb off of your system ram

thanks for the welcome. I'm really not the smartest of computer-users...so I really have no idea how to do all this partitioning shit lol.

Do you have AIM or something? If you're not busy id appreciate if you walked me through it. I seem to get lost whenever i try following any type of instructions. Im running 2 comps right now, so i can turn my other one off and still talk to you on AIM.

? :(

sorry but i dont have aim, or any IM. But i am on this site quite frequently, so you can ask all the questions and stuff, and me and other users can help/
do you remember when installing windows xp, and leads you to a blue screen and tells you to select a hard drive?
when at that time, on the bottom should be a list of commands, i think there was C for create partition, and D to delete partition.
what you do is type D on all the partition until you only see "Unpartitioned ...." forgot what was after it, and it should display the size of the HDD, which should be less than 500,000, but more than 400,000, then type C and press Enter, then you should see a "C: partition ..." and the size, and press enter to enter the setup, then reinstall windows, and when you can go to the desktop, see how many disk space you got.
any question, just ask.

sorry but i dont have aim, or any IM. But i am on this site quite frequently, so you can ask all the questions and stuff, and me and other users can help/
do you remember when installing windows xp, and leads you to a blue screen and tells you to select a hard drive?
when at that time, on the bottom should be a list of commands, i think there was C for create partition, and D to delete partition.
what you do is type D on all the partition until you only see "Unpartitioned ...." forgot what was after it, and it should display the size of the HDD, which should be less than 500,000, but more than 400,000, then type C and press Enter, then you should see a "C: partition ..." and the size, and press enter to enter the setup, then reinstall windows, and when you can go to the desktop, see how many disk space you got.
any question, just ask.

only problem is it was saying unpartitioned 130000 mb which is only 130 gb and not 500. This was after I deleted the existing partition. I currently dont have any version of windows on it since I think i uninstalled XP

i downloaded a vista recovery ISO im about to try it and see if i can just get my computer back to square 1 with nothing on it but Vista

start pc run any operating system you have on and right click my computer click manage, then wait for it to load and click disk management, now do you see unpartioned?

start pc run any operating system you have on and right click my computer click manage, then wait for it to load and click disk management, now do you see unpartioned?

gonna have to reinstall windows xp just to find out lol...

its not letting me recover vista...sigh

oh yeah..... forgot about doing that....
i should always think of ways of ways doing something instead of resulting using a OS disc
to recover vista, you will need an Vista OS disc

oh yeah..... forgot about doing that....
i should always think of ways of ways doing something instead of resulting using a OS disc
to recover vista, you will need an Vista OS disc

problem is i dont have one and my cd burner doesnt seem to have the capability of burning ISO's :(

i just want my computer to run normally as it should with all 500gb on the HD and windows XP so i can run pro tools

quick question, is it a custom built or a factory built?
if its custom built, please list the specs right quick.

Back
Top Bottom