Making a Webcam Wireless

GimiMyGF4Ti4600

Baseband Member
I have a USB webcam, is there a networking device that i can plug this into that will send a signal to a laptop? I have a 802.11g Wireless adapter card for it, to use with our internet router. Can i use this same card with whatever device that would hook up to the webcam?

Milchstrabe said:
I have a USB webcam, is there a networking device that i can plug this into that will send a signal to a laptop? I have a 802.11g Wireless adapter card for it, to use with our internet router. Can i use this same card with whatever device that would hook up to the webcam?
Why ?

They have wireless webcams, and wireless video adaptors, but I don't beleive they have anything to send the signal from a USB cam...

yeah, I think you're stuck for now....they are thinking about developing wireless usb, but that won't be for a while.

are you sure? I mean, there's nothingf i can hook it up to that will send the signal to another computer that has a the proper card installed? I mean i know you can just hook it up to another computer and have that computer send it through a wireless network, but that is overkill. There is no device i can hook this up to that will send a signal out to a recieving device?

I'm sure there is.. how ever the hardware it most likly to outweigh the cost of a wireless Camera..

I bought a wireless security cam with night vision for my home.. camera sits on the wall and is broadcasted to my computer. No wires.. just a reciever on the back of the computer.

BuzzStPoint said:
I'm sure there is.. how ever the hardware it most likly to outweigh the cost of a wireless Camera..

Those are different types of cameras. It's not sending a wireless USB signal, but a wireless video signals. Those have been around for some time now. I mentioned that earlier. Don't those x10 cameras(or whatever you used to hear all about) have some wireless adaptor? I'd bet about anything that without it, they just had a standard RCA connection that could be connected to a TV or computer with a standard capturecard(usb, PCI, or whatever...)

Back
Top Bottom