Making A Server

mighty_chick

Fully Optimized
ok guys long time no see right? anyway i was missing you guys so im back to ask a question. i want to make a server for my stepbro and I and a few of my friends to play CSS on. thats all this server would be used for is counter strike source. and before you ask no we cannot lan or anything like that. thats why i would need this so they could add my ip to their fav list and join. i only want to have about 16 people in max. and i'd like it if it didnt lag but i also dont want to spend a shit load of money on it either since im the only one with the cash to build this. so if you guys could tell me what i'd need to have a server that didnt lag all the time, although every so often is fine, and how to set it up that'd be great

First, do you want a:

AMD Socket 940 desinged platform

Socket 603 Intel XEON
OR
Socket 604 Intel XEON?

u see what this idea is..just something i randomly said hey i'd like a server. i have no idea thats why i came to u people...just build me a server that'll hold around 16 people on CSS without pissing us off with lag and thats not amazingly expensive..why cant u just use a celeron or a normal AMD or something?

I've never really understood having your own server, so you buy the actual piece of equipment, like you just posted, but do just hook that up to your internet connection or what?

just wondering does a server need a good graphics card to for gaming servers? im guessing itw would ot process the grahpics of the game.

Know what Hamachi is?
Its a program that creates a virtual network connection with computers not on an existing network.
Me and friends play LAN games all the time, Hamachi lets us join LAN games on PC games that support network games. Its very useful.

http://www.hamachi.cc/

Give it a try, instead of making a server. :)

Back
Top Bottom