making a patition on win2000pro

amp27

Daemon Poster
i need help doing this. i looked in disk management and found nothin. any help is wanted and have been trying to do this one thing for 2 days and i am desparte to get it done.

didnt help i just need to do this.

i have a 40gb master drive with win2000pro on it. all the info takes up only 1/4 of it. i was going to copying my 40 gb drive to a 30gb drive but i now know i have to creat a partition on C: (my 40gb) so it can all fit on D: (my 30gb)

Well, i would recommend that you use gparted. This is a free program that you can burn and make a livecd. Then run it and it works as a partition manager.

Cheers!

thats didnt even work one bit. i never even got to the install part. or anything

i have a 40gb master drive with win2000pro on it. all the info takes up only 1/4 of it. i was going to copying my 40 gb drive to a 30gb drive but i now know i have to creat a partition on C: (my 40gb) so it can all fit on D: (my 30gb)

If you are thinking that you can just "copy" your "files" from one to the other (i.e. have Win2000Pro work on the new drive) and have it work, it won't. For that you'll need mirroring software....If you are just copying documents, you shouldn't need to do any new partitioning...

Excactly right dude,You would have to use some sort of Imaging/Mirroring Software to make a TRUE Copy of your hardrive.

And if you consider your self worth,Go to run,And type in Fdisk to use the oldschool method of partitioning.

Back
Top Bottom