making a gaming pc

thanks for all the help so far guys right now im at tigerdirect looking over all kinds of parts and im starting to get an idea of what i need but i have a few questions right now like the parts u listed dishdog some of them have MSI i have no idea if thats an upgrade to them or the company that makes them eather way it seems to make the price go up by about 150$ for both the processer and cards whats that all about? and the other thing is i am trying to find a case that seems good and looks good that does't come with a PSU but most of the decent cases come with a 500W power supply i think, the 1 iv been looking at is this:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1113572&Sku=A107-3000

do u think its good or should i keep looking for a case without a PSU?
Im going to post a full list of the componets iv picked out once i have them picked for you guys to look over

yes yes yes that case is very nice and the power supply is pretty good. its good enough that you dont have to worry about zapping anything. get it! MSI is a company and its very good company. dont worry about prices they never overprice anything. MSI video cards and mobo's and everything is made very good. you wont eb dissappointed with them

i just thought of something, i am planning to get 2 256mb ultras but now that there is a 512mb card out, could'nt i just get 1 of those and it would be equal to 2 of the 256mb ultras? i could also get SLI and the 512mb so there would be room for upgrading...what do you guys think

umm if all ur gonna play is ut 2k4 u should probably not get such a good pc. even a not as good one would run games 4 a while to come. o yea and if u dont know how to put a pc together u could but a book on it. they have lots of those. also u could get the local pc store to build it 4 u.btw dont get an lcd monitor they suck 4 gaming. crts are the best. as 4 mouses get an mx510/518 or mx1000 if u want wireless. ball mice suck. 4 a keyboard either get the logitech elite or a zboard if u wanna pay 4 the keysets. also wat aboot cooling? it would prob be easier to set up aircooling but watercooling would do u better. if ur goin w/ air cooling get a thermalright xp-90copper with a vantec tornado and a fan controller. get 2 zalman vf700-cu 2 4 the video cards(they come w. ramsinks) and get some ramsinks or heatspreaders 4 the ram. i would think copper ramsinks would work better than heatspreaders. o yea and get some arctic silver 5. 4 a psu get http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56231&page=1&pp=25
case is about ur taste, but dont get anything w/ a psu cuz psus w/ cases r crapy. and dont get a micro atx case. there are other canadian pc sites so look around google or something.

if you can afford the high ass price of the 512mb go ahead, it definitly gets you more prepared for the future. it's about 2.3x the price of the 256mb one though. i would get dual 256mb's they'll take anything u throw at them, including a fat old lady with a hairy chest

Yeah I just realized that if the most graphic intense game your gonna play is UT2K4, then you really don't need this good of a setup. Of course it's still your money and at least this would have you set for years to come.

building your own computer really isn't as hard as you might think it is, it's all pretty much plug this into that and then turn it on. I knew nothing about computers when I bought my gateway about a month ago and I've already upgraded almost everything, just look up instructions on the web. and by the way there's really know need for anything higher than pci-express, sli is just overkill

and by the way, if your looking for some cases and mods that are cheap and freakin sweet go to ebay and check out the "gearbox-pc" store, thats where I got my case, fans, and power supply. I don't think I'm allowed to put links on here but I can PM it to you if you want

Back
Top Bottom