making a gaming pc

Drunkenseagul

Solid State Member
ok as you probly guessed im making a gaming computer and i need some help. I have been looking at buying a new computer for about half a year now and in the last 2 months iv really started looking at computers and figuing out what i need so im not a major noob that knows nothing about computers anymore but im still a noob anyway so far there are 2 main things i am going to base the system around and those are an AMD processer probly a 4000 or if i find a good price a fx-55 and the second thing is dual nvidia geforce 6800 ultras with SLI. Is this a good idea?
IV been looking at an alienware aruora 7500 with dual ultras and a 4000 processer (plus a few other upgrades)and its been hovering at around 3k-3.5k WITHOUT a new monitor or a few other parts. But latly iv been lookin at other companies that are't so main stream like vicious PC and i was maybe even thinking of making my own but i am almost a complete noob at computers. I am planing to play high end games like the king of games Unreal Tournament 2004 and other sweet shooting games that will come out in the next few years. I have 500$ right now, i know thats not close 2 what i need but im thinkin about workin the summer and i can probly bum quite a bit out of my parents so the price is pretty open but of course im trying to keep it as low as i can without ending up with an underpowered pc, im thinkin 3.5k is the absoulte max 3k sounds a little better. I have an insane headake right now from looking at different computers and compaines and after i read a few threads in here it seems like u guys know what ur talkin about and i would really really really appreaciate ANY help u guys can give me (ill probly need quite a bit of it) also if u could tell me what are these winchester AMDs and about the dual core processers intel have and that i heard amd are gonna have soon and would they be worth waiting for?...any UT2004 players that reconize my name fell free 2 post ur prase lol and if u need any tips im open...thanks all

I suggest that if you're planning on spending that kind of money that you learn to build a comp cuz alienware is way overpriced and you could build a comp for much cheaper.

I strongly recommend you build your own computer. Alienware is marked up substantially. I think the company Sager is the one that makes Alienware machines.. I'm not sure though. You definitely could spend half of what they are saying and get the same. And if you want a snazzy case, those are cheap to come by.

ok so if i did build my own i could save a lot of cash and probly have more options as to the parts it seems but the problem is i have no idea how 2 build a computer i know u order all the parts but then what? is there an instruction manual, how would i know how to put everything together? also what about compatibility problems, a noob like me might end up ordering parts that don't work together how can i know if certian parts work together? also i forgot to mention im talking in canadian money here and I could use some help with parts selection and where to get them to and if you know of any new things that are going to be comming out soon that would be good for a gaming comp it would be good if u would tell me cuz im probly not going to get this thing for at least a couple months. And does anybody actually have 1 of those new nvidia geforce 6800 with 512mb and are they acutaly worth the money? And george im gonna be playin games like UT2004 and any other sweet shooting games that come out.

all the parts will come with instructions on how to install them, and our friendly and knowledgable staff would be happy to help you in any way. :)

Is it 3k for just the computer and not the monitor and other components?
And if your going to build your own (which isn't hard) get the parts of tigerdirect.ca.

O ya welcome to the forum.

Back
Top Bottom