Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-18-2006, 03:32 PM   #11
Fully Optimized
Default Re: Making a Gaming Computer (I need help and advice)

Originally Posted by mammikoura
Since he has a budget of $1500 there is no point in getting an agp card.

This is what I would do:
-I'd get my hands on one of those new intels, E6600 or something like that. (if that's even one of the new models )
-Then 2GB of some decent ram (kingston, ocz, mushkin, corsair....)
-Then a good mobo, don't really know much about the mobos for the new intels so I can't help here.
-Then maybe like a 7900GT
-A good quality 500W (or higher) psu, and a nice looking case with some 120mm fans.

When u have the cpu/mobo/vid card/ram picked out then start to look at the rest of the parts.

| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:49 AM   #12
Fully Optimized

first what i would do is wait until the new graphics cards comes out wiht directx10 on it. if you buy one now you will find in about 7 months you will not be able to play the latest games with full graphics and gizmos enabled. second if you are going for an AMD wait until the end of july as the prices will be dropping and third do not forget to get a good reliable PSU, the amount of people i see buying the best components they can and only getting a 430w PSU that come wiht there case and wondering why there system wont start up or keeps crashing is higher than you would like to think. like kchi55 (EDIT: mammikoura not kchi55) said 500w or over would be idle.

Core i7 2600K Sandybridge + Prolimatech Megahalems Cooler ₪ Asus P8P67 DELUXE ₪ G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB DDR3 1600MHz ₪ Crossfire 5870's ₪ OCZ GameXstream 850w ₪ X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS edition ₪ OCZ Vertex 3 120GB ₪ Antec P182 ₪ NAS ReadyDuo 4Tb ₪ BenQ FP241WZ 24" Widescreen LCD ₪ Windows 7 x64
Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:49 PM   #13
Beta Member

Thanks for all your advice. If you also have anymore that will also be helpful.

Chasy007 is offline   Reply With Quote