Making a computer, can't get to BIOS

bluto said:
=======
Lets start over,
Do you have 1 or 2 ide cables> You need 2 to have 2 Masters.If your cdrom is in the middle of only 1,make it slave.
Why do you think you need a beep? Beeps are bad news.
If all this is brand new then you need to prepare the HD.
Maybe newer ones come ready,but it probably need formating.
You need a startup disk,what Windows will you use ?
You need more advice on building a computer from scratch.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Just for fun,what are you getting here with.
:D

Lol! Very good point! There's really no reason for me to be saying this other than to back up what he just said.

bluto said:
=======
Lets start over,
Do you have 1 or 2 ide cables> You need 2 to have 2 Masters.If your cdrom is in the middle of only 1,make it slave.
Why do you think you need a beep? Beeps are bad news.
If all this is brand new then you need to prepare the HD.
Maybe newer ones come ready,but it probably need formating.
You need a startup disk,what Windows will you use ?
You need more advice on building a computer from scratch.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Just for fun,what are you getting here with.

-2 IDE cables ... HDD ribbon cable is into the primary IDE controller on my board
-Shouldn't you get a beep when everything is connected right ??? even if there's no OS on the system yet?
-I haven't done any prep to my HD yet. I put in my XP disc when I started up my comp but nothing happened.
-I'm using Windows XP home. I don't have a startup floppy disk, everyone I talked to said I wouldn't need one.
- I'm getting here with another computer smartass ... LOL

I beep is mandatory

Yes it is,
i checked my asus manual for a description of beeps.I usally push the on switch and make some coffee.:)Did a check just a minute ago.1 beep.
So where are we now ? Mine says quote asus:
If you do not see anything within 30 seconds from the time you turned on the power,the system may have failed a power-on test.Check the jumper settings and connections or call your retailer for assistance.

Re: I beep is mandatory

Hey everyone I'm currently typing this thread from my NEW FINISHED COMPUTER !!!!

the problem was the RAM. I narrowed it down to the processor, the board or the memory and I started swapping that stuff... First I swapped the memory and it worked. I saw a bueatiful startup screen that says ASUS in big letters. Everything is currently working fine except for the sound which isn't working at all ... I'll work it out tonight or tomorrow and if it doesn't work I'll ask here.

Thanks to everyone in the thread who helped out along the way
-James AKA JimHa

Re: I beep is mandatory

JimHa said:
Hey everyone I'm currently typing this thread from my NEW FINISHED COMPUTER !!!!

the problem was the RAM. I narrowed it down to the processor, the board or the memory and I started swapping that stuff... First I swapped the memory and it worked. I saw a bueatiful startup screen that says ASUS in big letters. Everything is currently working fine except for the sound which isn't working at all ... I'll work it out tonight or tomorrow and if it doesn't work I'll ask here.

Thanks to everyone in the thread who helped out along the way
-James AKA JimHa

Yey for JimHa! I'm glad it worked out. :D

Back
Top Bottom