making a computer...again

lol the main thing im gonna use this for is playin games, i only mentioned the school thing just because im gonna need it 4 that 2..

There is no way you will need all those stuff for school stuff! It's just waste of money...

and nuke if the only reason ur gonna post is 2 bitch at people and get ur post count up then just shut the %$&@ up and if ur gonna talk at least learn how 2... (TY Duzz)...(can we say F**K on here?)

anyway i know 2 6800s in SLI would kill a single 7800 but i was thinkin i can wait till like december and get anthor 7800 then id really have a beast esspacly if they make a 512mb 7800, the real question i need anwsered right now is how much better is a 7800 then a 6800 ultra cuz if there alot better id be willing 2 pay an extra 400$ 4 them... About the ram, i thought corsair was sposta be top of the line stuff?? and plus the ram u put in is only 512mb wheil the stuff i had is 1G, how is the 512 better? and about the case with the psu in it, iv heard that psu case combos r garbage and i guess thats right but i still want a cool lookin case and the ones i found that i liked (mainly the aspire^^ and this one http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1287392&Sku=A406-1024 ) have psus in them so i was thinkin cant i just get one of those cases and also get a good seperate psu then take the crappy psu out of the case and put in the good 1 and maybe sell the crap one... can u take out psus that come in combos or r they built right in?

the dual 6800 ultras sound good duzz but im gonna get some more info before i make a choice between them and the 7800s, if i got 6800s id get them both right now but if i got 7800 or even a 6800 ultra 512 id probly get one now and 1 around christmas what do you people think would be better?? The only 10000rpm HDs i saw only had 74 gigs in them, that might be enough tho esspalcy if i had dual HDs and what if i got 1 7200 HD and 1 10000 HD , would i be able 2 pick which HD 2 put stuff on so things i wanted 2 load faster i could put on the 10000 HD and stuff like pictures and movies that don't need fast loading really i could put on the larger 7200 drive? cuz that would be pretty sweet... and 1 other thing about, RAID 0 and RAID 1 you can only have that if you have 2 HDs right? and RAID 0 gives better preformance and raid 1 is for security? is that right? and is there a way i could set that up if i got 2 HDs?
bla i think thats everything for now... let me know what u think

I would use the 10000 for your OS for when you start your computer. After that the 250 would be like for Music and Stuff. Aslo I would use the 10000 for WOW I play wow and it plays off the HD so thats where i would put it.

Also dude haveing duel 7800s would be sweet but is it practical? Dual 6800s will last keep in mind that there is going to probualy be a 8800 coming out and so forth i bought my 6800 like 3 months ago and now there is a 7800 out. Owell Dual 6800 is what i would go for.

Also Taking the PSU out is easy like 4 screws. Then put your new one in it.

The Ram Good Brands:
Ballistix, OCZ, Mushkin. There are more but just posted a few. Get As much ram as you can if you want to smoke. You realy wont tell much about the speed but you can say you have alot haha.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1283674

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1071020

They Both look Pritty good.

4 of Either Brand, If I had the Money i would go Kingston HyperX Stuff is SWEET. But im not sure if it would work with your Mobo.

so ur saying i could do dual HDs even tho they have different rpms? and also what about settin up RAID for them and 1 thing i completly forgot is cooling, what about that?

I think corsair and aspire are both good companies. I have a aspire PSU and it works beautifully. i also have a gig of corsair RAM and they are also work beautifully. if you go with the 7800 you will have room to grow in the future.

Dishdog said:
I think corsair and aspire are both good companies. I have a aspire PSU and it works beautifully. i also have a gig of corsair RAM and they are also work beautifully. if you go with the 7800 you will have room to grow in the future.

Fine and dandy, but my 500watt Aspire PSU didn't shut off when it got overdrawn like it said it would, which cost me $500!!! This PC has no cost me about 3,600!!!! I DONT NEED TO SPEND MORE MONEY ON THIS THING!! I WOULD RATHER BUILD A NEW ONE!!!

Now here is the deal.... The silicon transistors in Corsair's RAM are built using Samsungs mirco transistor technology which uses an ambient charge and refill sector called the MAXUM sheet. This sheet allows for a large data fill rate but creates a lot of heat, especially when the RAM is pushed above its standard data fill rate (Overclocking in other words) OCZ and Crucials RAM are built using the Micron based silicon CHARGE SHEET, which uses a special sheet of transistors lined up in a linear fashion below the primary charge sets. This allows for massive data drops with much less heat dissapation and wasted discharge as they stay charged constantly meaning less latency on the ROW RECHARGE TIMINGS. This means Micron based RAM is vastly superior to Samsung based mirco transistor wafers.

Now, as far as PSUs go, yes I forgot about OCZ, they are excellent as well. However, this SkyHawk 620watt I just bought is HIDEOUSLY POWERFUL and its rails stay almost exactly as clean and clear as they should. Dishdog has a point about expansion with the 7800GTX, but honestly, it is CHEAPER and more powerful to get dual 6800GTs and then flash a new VGA BIOS over to them to turn them into Ultras. They are Ultras, just with the BIOS commands set to run them at lower speeds. VGA BIOS flashes are easy and go very well most of the time. I did that! I get 23K on 3DMark03 and almost 12K on 05'!

All i can say is that is the best system i have even seen, you are one lucky kid if your parents are willing to spend that kind of money! :)

Towards DarkBlade:
the RAM you sound like you know what you are talking about, so i'd say your right. the PSU on the other hand, you had a bad experience with a aspire 500watt. it didn't shut off like it was suspose to. what is to say the PSU you have now wont do the same?

Well if you're up to spending more dough lol you could get some sweet water cooling beasties then put LED's on the inside. haha yeah babe.

Dishdog said:
Towards DarkBlade:
the RAM you sound like you know what you are talking about, so i'd say your right. the PSU on the other hand, you had a bad experience with a aspire 500watt. it didn't shut off like it was suspose to. what is to say the PSU you have now wont do the same?

Because I already Overvolted the 5v rail, and it shutdown immediately. SkyHawk also has some extra features and EXCELLENT COOLING, not to mention, the Aspire 500watt has a 20pin connector, which will cause instability on that motherboard he wants (I had a similar problem) If anything, go with a PSU that has 2-3 12v rails.

Back
Top Bottom