Make my computer run faster

george2

Daemon Poster
My computer is running slower then I want it to and with the specs it really shouldn't, it's not due to virus's or spyware. Anyway I want to know if there is a program I can get that will make the computer go faster? Or at least go through the crap on it and make suggestions to get rid of it if it's not needed.

Is there such a program or will I just have to cry myself to sleep for until I can be driven to reformatting.

try running windows disk defragmenter. that would probably give you a little bit of an improvement. can you go ahead and post your specs for us? it would help and be greatly appreciated. :)

that processor is a little weak. it would better if you had a dual core clocked at least 2.4 ghz or higher.

and nowadays, a lot of things have trouble with just 512 mb of ram. upgrade to 1 gb to see a pretty good sized jump in performance. if you have the money, go for 2 gb, because then, you would be able to run a lot of stuff.

i would upgrade ram first. the processor might be able to handle some more, but it would be a good idea to start looking for another one.

--edit-- if you have vista, then you are in trouble, because it uses almost all of that ram by itself.

start>run>msconfig
make sure you dont have too much crap at startup, like quicktime, wtf is that for. it sucks lol.
anyway also defragment, run a disk cleaner (like ccleaner), uninstall programs you dont want, delete any files you dont want to so have a good amount of free space left.

512mb is ok for xp, but if you are running quite a few programs and stuff at once then id consider upgrading, or atleast not putting so much pressure on your computer, as the cpu and ram is ok, but could be better.

Back
Top Bottom