Make a complete copy of your pc on a different pc

pinkaos

Beta member
Hi, I have a computer that I really like, with all of the games, settings, and programs, and I want to know if there is a way to easily make a complete copy of my pc on to a laptop. I have a lot of programs and games that I do not want to take the time to reinstall on my laptop. I also do not want to have to redo all of the settings and bookmarks that I have. I have looked into Mojopac and I don't think that it is the type of program that I would want. Please, are there any programs that can do what I ask?

Depending on OS............

Norton Ghost 10.0 (XP only)
Acronis True Image 10.0 (XP & Vista)

Problem with doing this to a different computer is you will have drivers installed that are not for the hardware on your laptop.
I do this all the time but it is from computer to computer with the exact same hardware installed.

if you have a copy of Ghost 2003 or earlier, you can make a boot CD and copy the hard drives. However like Brian said, you will need drivers for the laptop, and odds are pretty good that the copy will not boot up properly on the laptop.

Also, if you make an image, the motherboard will have to be the same on each computer, well at least have the same chipset, or you will have to do a repair on Windows.

Well, I have Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 and I have Acronis True Image. The laptop I am using is very different hardware-wise but it uses Windows XP Home Edition. I'm just curious. If I install all of the drivers for the laptop hardware on my pc, then can I use Acronis to copy it to my pc?

odds are your laptop drivers won't even install on your desktop. even if they did, it would probally cause blue-screens.

Back
Top Bottom