Major Prob.

HRHunteRHR

BSOD
Ok so I have been building my new computer (it's a first for me).

AMD 64 S939 3500
Asus Pi or something PCI-E
ATI x800GTO Saphire
1G of PC3200 RAM
450 ATX Power SUpply

Here's the deal, I have attached everything where it needs to be, etc. I put the plug in and I hit the main power switch then the regular power switch and it turn on for about 1 second, all I see moving is the fan in the power supply for about 1 sec, and the power LED flashes red once.... :confused: If you need more specs about the mobo please ask me. NEED HELP ASAP!!!

Oh yea anbd the green LED power indicator stays on. I dont have a monitor attached to it right now cuz I'm just stesting to see if it turns on.
Hunter

k well im putting in a diff power supply. with the same voltage. problem is imma have to tie it down cuz the bolt placing is too wide for this power aupply, and its an atx, just klike thee other on.

the power supply had power, the led light on the motherboard turned green, so i put in the old one and it turns green too, but if i press the power button NOTHING happens, the fans dont even turn. i think im missing some sort of pluig or connnector. this foprum place isnt relehelping cuz noo one is replyen..... :(

ok i plugged some tings in and now all the fans come on that are attached to the mobo. the whol mobo boots then turns itself off for some reaosn/..

Well first of all, don't double or even triple post. Just Edit the post already in place.

Check that you have a small power connector plugged in to the motherboard too. Its this little square power ATX plug i think its called, and depending on the motherboard, might need it to stay on. (Mine does)
Plus, also make sure you have that Ribbon Power cable in all the way in too, as this is always needed in a motherboard, if its using the mini ATX 12v supply or not.

I hope this helps

WOOOOOOT!!!! I found the porblem! It was a screw that was too small for the mobo so I tightened in so hard that the mobo was touching the chasis and it was grounding it out but now it works!!!! Thanks for the help man if it were'nt for you I would have never started messing with it and attempting to remove the PS!! :) :)

Hehe, no, I cant really take the credit for that :p

Glad its working now :)

Back
Top Bottom