Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-26-2007, 10:22 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Default Major help please

Ok well i just bought my new case and i moved ll my parts from my old pc to the new case but now it wont show anything on the moniter, the mouse light dosent turn on and my old case didnt have a detachable I/O shield so i just put it in the new case without one would that cause any problems? Also there was a 4pin molex conector (dunno what its called but i think this is it) that went from my psu to my mobo but i didnt put it in because i ran out of plugs (but i can always unhook a fan to hook it up).

reodan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:39 PM   #2
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to PuNkY
Default Re: Major help please

The 4Pin gives the CPU power. I suggest you plug that in. Make sure you have both the 4Pin and the 20(or 24)Pin are plugged into the motherboard.

Old 04-27-2007, 11:25 AM   #3
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Starr Send a message via MSN to Starr

Can you hear the fans kick on or is there nothing. If there is nothing then it can be one of two things. A) Your wiring is wrong, particularly from the power supply to the motherboard, or from the power switch to the motherboard. B) Your power supply is fried. You should hope it's not the latter.

Windows Vista Business Edition

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary and those who don't."
Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:38 PM   #4
Baseband Member

yes all the fan turns on and i conected the 4pin molex connector in and its still not booting up.
reodan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:48 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

List of hardware specs please? More than likely it's a small mistake, I doubt any of the hardware components are seriously damaged.
| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote