Major Help

Pidge14

In Runtime
Ok, so my computer was acting up and i took it up to the tech guy at our school he said he fixed it. But it still acts up, it still has the blue screen coming up that says something is dangerous and i should check all the hardware and something about memory dumping. WHAT IS WRONG?!!!! I am starting to get really really really really really mad. :mad:

Your memory might be damaged but not at all times. Try re-installing your OS. But hey,did you install some kind of http servers?<apache most probably or coldfusion>

I have re-installed my OS at least four times. Doesn't work. No i did not download any servers of any sort. It might be the memory, i bought it from Best Buy.
How do i test to see if its the memory?

If you're getting blue screens with a fresh install, then you have a hardware problem. While memory is likely, it could be any hardware part in your PC. I would try this:

Take out any PCI cards.
Disconnect the floppy, and any CD/DVD ROM drives.
Make sure your hard drive is the only device connected, and try rebooting.
Also, an exact error message would be helpful, it usually tells you what is wrong. A memory dump doesn't mean that it is memory.

If it passes Memtest86, try what I have stated above. If you still have blue screens, it's going to be your hard drive, or memory- because that's all that's left! ;)

Ask the tech what he did to "fix it". Also, when does the error come up? At bootup, during bootup, after bootup, when logged in?

I got a program to test my memory. It passed twice. Right now i have only two thoughts to the problem. One, its over heating or two the power supply is bad. Could this be it?

Back
Top Bottom