major crashing problem

dktxx2

Solid State Member
my pc (dell dimesnion 4700) crashes frequently. its been going on for about a year now. the crash message is often an unstable_boot_volume, but it used to be something else. i have not found anything on this, so i was hoping maybe you guys would now something. i also have so other issues that i am not sure are related to the crashing.
-after the very first bios screen, i get a message "serial ata drive 2* not found, press f1 to continue" but everything works just like it did before i started getting this message
*that may not be the right drive thats said to be missing
-sound card problems. sound blaster audigy 2 zs, it plays sound with massive distortion. (many people have had that same exact problem with the 4700)
some more information for you, when it does crash, i simply delete the partion, and install windows again. it lasts up to a month before it does it again. lately, i have had to rewrite my mbr (master boot records) first, or it cannot install windows properly. i have ran disk check numerous times, and i always get 1-4 errors. my theory is that a new hard drive will fix this, but i would rather have my theory backed before i go out and spend money on one. if you guys need any more info on my pc, il be glad to post it.
thx in advance and sorry for rushed spelling

Your hard drive sounds faulty. Find out who the drive manufacturer is and go to their site and download their testing utility.

Back
Top Bottom