Originally Posted by S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
If your hard disk is SATA* and you have SATA* cables, I had the same problem, try to change your cables, they may damaged.
Windows can't detect your hard-drive because it doesn't have your drivers.
You need to do the following:
1. Go to your HD manufacturers website
2. Download the drivers for your HD
3. Put them onto a floppy disk
4. Install windows, when the screen that says "Press F6 to install any third-party SATA Drivers" appears, hit F6
5. Install the drivers off of the floppy drive (just follow the onscreen directions)
6. It should now detect your HD