Major computer issues!

kozlow

Beta member
Hey there. I'm a new member to this board. I actually googled "computer forums" and this was the first website to pop up, so I figured I'd try it.

Basically, I am having some MAJOR issues with my computer. Let me preface by saying that I don't know much, if anything, about computer hardware or software. I know how to type, I know how to click, I know how to play World of Warcraft...that's close to the extent of my knowledge.

The computer I use is close to 8 years old (I believe). It has a Asus K8V SE Deluxe cpu/motherboard. A Radeon X800 graphics card. 2 gbs of ram (a low amount, I know) and a 150gb hard drive. I BELIEVE these specs are correct, seeing as how I can't turn on the computer, I could be wrong.

The issue is that I manually turned off the computer, meaning I held the power button down. After trying to restart it, I was brought to the "start windows normally, start windows in safe mode, etc" screen. After being completely unable to start windows, I decided to recover my computer. This actually worked. After recovering the computer, I installed the drivers I needed, began downloading a web browser. However, as I was installing my sound card driver, I got the blue screen of death. NOW my computer powers on, but it won't actually "boot up". Meaning the tower turns on (the fans, the little blue light, the loud sound it makes" but I don't hear the "beeps" that were usually associated with me starting my computer. AND my monitor doesn't get a signal, I mean the monitor is plugged in and powered correctly, it just stays blank.

So yeah, after that huge wall of text...aside from purchasing a new computer, is there anything I could possibly try doing? Any help would be appreciated. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to read this as well. Thank you.

Is the hard drive as old as the computer? I had an issue like this a while back. I decided for a new computer but I narrowed down that is what was wrong. Out of the possibilities, hard drives are the first to go, barring extenuating circumstances (bad PSU, motherboard frying, etc). Power to the mobo means it should be good. Are you able to get to the BIOS? In other words, when it powers on, does anything come up on the monitor? A few words, a quick loading process?

My firm belief would be the hard drive. They have 3-5 year warranties and it's 8 years old. I would hate for it to be the motherboard, that's a classic king of it's time for AMD. But, it's a single core Athlon right? Don't you think it's time to get with the times, try a second core? lol. See if you can grab someone else's hard drive or a spare one from somewhere and see if it makes a difference. If it does, get a new one. If not, my guess is you have a short in the mobo somewhere. To find out for sure, pick it up and give it a smell. Burned smell gives it away. To find where, visually inspect the front and back and look for open circuits.

Thank you for the quick reply. Nothing shows up on the monitor when I power on the computer, no images/word/etc. I can't enter BIOS after successfully running the recovery disc (the computer crashed while I was installing sound card drivers). A green light on my monitor means that it is successfully connected to my computer and is on, an orange light means that it is connected to the computer but is not being powered by the computer. The light stays orange even though it is hooked up to my computer tower correctly.

duloxetine for depression #

Hey there. I'm a new member to this board. I actually googled "computer forums" and this was the first website to pop up, so I figured I'd try it.

Basically, I am having some MAJOR issues with my computer. Let me preface by saying that I don't know much, if anything, about computer hardware or software. I know how to type, I know how to click, I know how to play World of Warcraft...that's close to the extent of my knowledge.

The computer I use is close to 8 years old (I believe). It has a Asus K8V SE Deluxe cpu/motherboard. A Radeon X800 graphics card. 2 gbs of ram (a low amount, I know) and a 150gb hard drive. I BELIEVE these specs are correct, seeing as how I can't turn on the computer, I could be wrong.

The issue is that I manually turned off the computer, meaning I held the power button down. After trying to restart it, I was brought to the "start windows normally, start windows in safe mode, etc" screen. After being completely unable to start windows, I decided to recover my computer. This actually worked. After recovering the computer, I installed the drivers I needed, began downloading a web browser. However, as I was installing my sound card driver, I got the blue screen of death. NOW my computer powers on, but it won't actually "boot up". Meaning the tower turns on (the fans, the little blue light, the loud sound it makes" but I don't hear the "beeps" that were usually associated with me starting my computer. AND my monitor doesn't get a signal, I mean the monitor is plugged in and powered correctly, it just stays blank.

So yeah, after that huge wall of text...aside from purchasing a new computer, is there anything I could possibly try doing? Any help would be appreciated. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to read this as well. Thank you.

duloxetine for depression #

Duloxetine For Depression - The Basic Facts About The Medications

Back
Top Bottom