made a mistake

mighty_chick

Fully Optimized
ok i ordered a AMD ATHLON 64 3000+ today and i have no idea if its winchester core or clawhammer or barton or whatever else they come in. anyone know if they even come in a different core?

Its probally winchester. Clawhammer is onyl in DTR's and the 4000+ and up. Barton is mobile.

It could very easily be a Newcastle core. I believe it depends on what socket you have. If it's a 754 socket, it should be a Newcastle. If it is a 939 socket, it should be a Winchester. There may be more, but I believe they are less common. I have a socket 754 Newcastle core and I've got mine overclocked from 2 GHz to 2.2 GHz, and it runs like a dream. On idle, it is about 33 degrees Celcius and under a load I believe it is around 42 degrees Celcius.

Its probally winchester. Clawhammer is onyl in DTR's and the 4000+ and up. Barton is mobile.

Well, My laptop has a Athlon 64 3000+, 1,8 Ghz socket 754 processor. With a ClawHammer core.

Jamxx said:
It could very easily be a Newcastle core. I believe it depends on what socket you have. If it's a 754 socket, it should be a Newcastle. If it is a 939 socket, it should be a Winchester. There may be more, but I believe they are less common. I have a socket 754 Newcastle core and I've got mine overclocked from 2 GHz to 2.2 GHz, and it runs like a dream. On idle, it is about 33 degrees Celcius and under a load I believe it is around 42 degrees Celcius.

sry man forgot to add that. its going into a NEO 4 platinum SLI mobo(lol just wanted to tell everyone) and its going to be socket 939. what are the chances its winchester?

The Prophet said:
Well, My laptop has a Athlon 64 3000+, 1,8 Ghz socket 754 processor. With a ClawHammer core.

DTR means desktop replacment.....of course it can be in your lappy.

You most likely have a Winchester. Do you remember what speed it is? If it is at 1.8 GHz stock, then I am almost positive that it will be a Winchester.

Jamxx said:

Wow our machines are very incredibly similiar.. I have the same temperatures pretty much.. though it runs a tad bit cooler under load.

Back
Top Bottom