Macs Hardware

Aaron40

Solid State Member
Hi,
This is just a personal opinion topic, we all know that the Operating systems are different but I hear a lot of people saying that Microsoft has the better hardware and apple is over priced for what they are selling. My main point is this, is the hardware better or different?
also which of the 2 do you prefer?

Opinions and facts below please

The hardware is technically exactly the same as is available for Windows systems.

Apple may have drivers / firmware /software etc that can take advantage of the hardware slightly better but this is marginal.

If you exclue the operating system and case, then you could buy the exact same hardware that is in an iMac or Mac Pro for 2/3rds of the price or there abouts.

The hardware is technically exactly the same as is available for Windows systems.

Apple may have drivers / firmware /software etc that can take advantage of the hardware slightly better but this is marginal.

If you exclue the operating system and case, then you could buy the exact same hardware that is in an iMac or Mac Pro for 2/3rds of the price or there abouts.

Do they have problems with overheating because there aren't too many air vents for the heat to come out from the Mac

Nope, the one thing i think most people will agree with even possibly the mac haters is that Macs are extremely well built!

Not great for customising / upgrading etc, but as a pre built package, it's almost faultless (dis-regarding price / choice of OS).

Nope, the one thing i think most people will agree with even possibly the mac haters is that Macs are extremely well built!

Not great for customising / upgrading etc, but as a pre built package, it's almost faultless (dis-regarding price / choice of OS).

have you ever owned a Mac? their battery life seems to be twice as long as Microsoft Computers and the retina displays look really good

Funnily enough no, i've never owned a Mac but i've dealt with them enough in my time.

I think the two statements you have made are not entirely true.

If you consider a Macbook Pro is upwards of £1,000 ($1,500) then consider the equivilent laptop then the battery life and display probably isnt that much better.

If you compare it to an average priced laptop of £500 which is half the price of the Macbooks then yes the Macs are likely to be better.

That MacBook Pro has a Retina display...try comparing apples to apples next time.

Plus, the MacBook line is due for a refresh.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious dude!

That laptop has a touch screen. . . . .

When I say they are about the same I mean they are OBVIOUSLY different I didn't think that needed pointing out I meant there are some features on the Mac not on the Windows Laptop and vise versa.

When I say they are about the same I mean they are OBVIOUSLY different I didn't think that needed pointing out I meant there are some features on the Mac not on the Windows Laptop and vise versa.

Right. That doesn't make sense, but whatever.

By the way, the Mac Pro isn't a normal desktop. Back when I bought mine in 2010, it was actually cheaper than comparable workstations from Dell and HP. Obviously that's different now, but I suggest reading up on what Apple has to offer before making misleading statements.

Back
Top Bottom