Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-03-2005, 08:10 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Default Macromedia Flash

At my school, as with many here, we have tons of programs but have limited access. So theres not much to do. I found we had the education version of flash mx. Its pretty awesome and I have created some pretty cool animations.

However I want to know if there is any way I can get flash besides paying $200? (I'm poor) Is there a slightly older version that they dont care about anymore? Or a nearly identical program?

I know someone who copied all the flash files from the hard drive onto his laptop and it works. I think that its illegal but im not too sure with this educational version, considering its the schools copy and we are students...

Alternatively is there any free software thats comparable to flash?

Thanks

Rackham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 08:18 PM   #2
In Runtime

Default Re: Macromedia Flash

Chances are it would be illegal, depening on the school's license. I know my school has ms office and I cant legally bring it home.

dangerousbeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 08:22 PM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to jac006

hmmmmmmmm....
try ftp://140.117.11.7/cpatch/webedit/fl...ial_en_win.zip
and then
http://www.crackz.ws/flzzg/m/cr-mmfm7.zip
of course, its illegal so download at ur own risk. my friend had this and he used it. dunno if it still works. i have the full version cause at school im taking the whole studio mx and they require that we have have. got it at a bargain price though sorry u dont go to my school. but yeah.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:28 PM   #4
Baseband Member

Hmm well it could be a problem if its illegal. Is there any way I could get it at a "bargain price" elsewhere? Would macromedia care about something like that? I guess the best choice would be a lookalike program but I havent found one anywhere.
Rackham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:02 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to rakedog

No. Flash is one of a kind.. Not everyone can afford it.. Just download it.

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
rakedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:56 PM   #6
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to jac006

you'd have to either go to a school and convince someone who works there to see if you cant get some baragain price. o r, go to a local college and ask somenoe to buy you the program if you gave them money becuase college studetns usually get some nice discounts.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:02 AM   #7
Daemon Poster

There are no copy programs like flash. U can only make flash movies in flash, sorry. Go to a college/university where they have those programs. A lot of times poeple will have used them, then once their program is finished they will sell their copies...i saw that a lot with photoshop, and they'll sell them at cheaper than full price, or at least they should. And dont get the flash mx 2004 professional, just get the regular version its cheaper. Or dont get flash 7, get flash 6, its just as good, excpet i dont believe it has support for actionscript 2.0.
The old alternative is just download it and crack it. Or try the trial for a while and see if u really want it.

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ [939 Socket] W/ ASUS "A8N-SLI Premium" (OC'd @2.4ghz) | 560W Silverstone Spider PSU | Kingston 1024 MB [512MB X2] DDR-400 PC3200 Memory | Dual MSI Nvidia GeForce 6600GT 128MB DDR3 128-bit PCIe @555/1111 in SLI | Samsung 19" LCD 930B (8ms) | Western Digital 200 GB SATA II (x2) | LG Dual Format/Double Layer 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive
d_source is offline   Reply With Quote