Macintosh AV

Suplox

Solid State Member
Hello all.
I am an advid Mac user and I have a problem. Instead of the normal graphics designing i do for a living, I have expanded my tastes to small time Video Production. I was wondering if there wass a way to Import video directly through my firewire® port. For example: a male red/white/yellow/ ended cord with firewire® on the opposite side. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I think they are called firewire bridges. Dazzle, Canopus, and some other brands make things that do that for both mac and PC. Being video, they are compatable with either...

Yea, cant you just Use IMovie that comes with OS X to import video Via Firewire? Because thats what i do on the G5(not mine, a nearby schools) to import my video. I think that should work, Imovie should detect some video port that you have connected to the 1394EE(firewire) adapter. But that may not work, because every time I use this feature im getting it from a Mini DV camera that has firewire connections. Also, im pretty Sure Final Cut pro can do it too. but final cut pro isnt free, it is a very high end video editing program (they did LOTR with it :D)

Thanks guys,your replies have given me some direction. thank you for your time.

Back
Top Bottom