Macintosh?

todd_freeride

Solid State Member
Hello, I recently stumbled across this on the internet, I was thinking of picking it up. if anyone knows like, what year this is, any information would be really appreciated. I want to get it because I want a way to get into macs and kind of like a "starter mac" the guy wants $50.00 for it, it comes with the mouse and keyboard. has iLife complete package and OSX operating system {doesn't specify which one}

can anyone help me out here? is this a good deal for $50.00 about wanting to get into the world of mac? {eventually I want to get a G5 and iMovie/Final cut studio} I wouldn't be using this 50 dollar mac for video editing. but just to kind of learn about how macs work and how to navigate and operate them.

here are some pics of it.
macside.jpg

macfront.jpg

thanks so much!

For $50, it' a good deal. It's an iMac and was pretty popular in the late 90's. They've gone through several revisions from the G3 to the G5's.

well u gotta find out the specs.

most likely its a imac g3 with a 350-450mhz processor and maybe 256mb of ram IF you are lucky.

Macs are great, it doesn't matter how old. IMO that's a killer deal, i'd do it. There are teachers in the graphic design department at my college that are using 10 year old Macs with OSX, Photoshop CS2, Illustrator CS2, and all of those others and they have no problem. I'm a Mac owner myself, and i have to say, my PC goes down a LOT but my Mac never has any problem at all.

okay cool! so I got the computer. thanks for the replies. But, Does anyone know how I can get internet on this? I use a WLAN connection on this {one I'm typing on} computer. Do I have to connect it to the modem via 300 foot long eithernet cable? :p

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3029.jpg

IMG_3031.jpg

Back
Top Bottom