Macbook and Virus's

pilotkid

Beta member
Hi all, this is my first post on this fourm. I just have a quick question for everyone... I currently have a HP laptop and have a virus protector and a firewall... I just bought a Macbook and it should be arriving soon. My question is, I have read and herd from people that you dont need to run any type of virus or firewall software on Macs, is that true? If it is, why is it true? If i should get some kind of protection what should I get?

well you should turn the built in firewall on in ur mac book System Settings - sharing - firewall tab. but other then that you don't need any virus protection

It would be best to get some kind of protection, just in case.

McAffee do a virus utility for Macs.

prosser13 said:
It would be best to get some kind of protection, just in case.

McAffee do a virus utility for Macs.
also a free open source virus scanner called Clam antivirus for mac would also work aswell.

You could try speaking to the people at Apple? Like give them a call up and they'll tell you what they recommend. Good luck mate.

the reason why you dont need virus protectiuon is because people dont write (many) viruses for macs because not as many people use them and not as many people would get infected as if they wrote the virus for pc, and the goal of virus writers is usually to affect a large scale of people, soemthing that you cant acheive by writing a mac os virus.

Yeah but I'm sure there is some form of a virus lurking lol. Someone evil would wanna take advantage of peoples reluctance to not protect themselves. If you don't know what to do mate, just give apple a call. Wouldn't hurt to do it.

Back
Top Bottom