MAc pro
-single 6-core Xeon processor running at 3.5GHz
-16GB of RAM, and
-dual AMD D500 graphics.

PC
Intel core i7-5930K six cores
32 GB ram
Quadro K 4200 Graphics

after some digging i found out it's a E5-1650V2.... Apple, when will you learn to specify your specs in details?
The i7-5930K should perform better than the E5-1650V2. But not by much.

A thing to keep in mind is the mac pro's recycle bin design makes it unupgradeable. So installing a raid card or other hardware is not possible, so you have to relay on external hardware. Not to mention upgrading the already installed hardware down the road might be difficult. Mac's are strict about what hardware it allows you to put in it.

However i know that the storage is great in the mac pro. It uses PCI-E SSD's. But so could it be in the PC. You haven't described the storage in the PC yet.

Last edited:
I give up, I can't find a comparison between the Quadro K 4200 and dual AMD D500.
I just know that one is upgradable and the other is not.

Last edited:
I give up, I can't find a comparison between the Quadro K 4200 and dual AMD D500.
I just know that one is upgradable and the other is not.

sorry post the Thread without fully complete it
Computer for editing 1080P 5- 10 min videos
but lots of work done by Adobe After effects
price of PC is upto $4500 ( hardware equipment price )
PC
Intel® Core™ i7-5930K Processor
(15M Cache, up to 3.70 GHz)
32 GB ram DDR4
Quadro K 4200 Graphics
256 GB SSD + 2 TB HDD

Mac
Intel Xeon E5 with 12MB L3 cache and Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
16 GB DDR 3 Ram
PCIe-based flash storage 256 GB
2 Dual AMD FirePro D500 3GB each

Last edited:
I would personally choose the PC. I don't see the new mac pro as a proper workstation.
A workstation should be expandable and upgradeable to continue meeting your needs as an editor.
Don't know what Apple's design team smoked to come up with that design for an expensive business computer

How exactly have you come to the price of 4500 for the PC?
The CPU it self is $500 and the GPU is $800. Those parts are often the most expensive. And you are only at $1300 for those.

Last edited:
i'm lil bit confused about price,we want this
buy Macpro 6-Core and Dual GPU $3,999.00 or built a PC for $ 4500

Macs are more expensive for what you get.
So i am curious to know what hardware are planned for the PC build since the budget is higher. I am guessing most of the remaining 3200!! bucks are gonna be used on the storage. Like a serious raid controller for raid 10 and a PCI-E SSD as a boot drive.

Back
Top Bottom