mac address are invalid in both cmos and flash

alexpattison

Baseband Member
Hi, ive just upgraded the mobo and cpu in my system, it all works fine exept for one thing, when booting it says mac address are invalid in both cmos and flash then i have to press f1, i have no idea how to fix this, would a bios update sort the problem out or not?

Oh!! mobo is asrock pt880 4coreDual-vsta, with a intel core 2 duo e4300

Thanks

Hmmm, all i can think of here is that you have your boot device priority set to boot from a network adapter first, so check your boot order, and make sure the first device is your HDD.

Just done some more checking for you and it appears to be a fault with the NIC. Basically the NIC number, stored in a "secret" part of the firmware was not programmed correctly or a bug corrupts it -- whatever. It's gone now and upgrading the BIOS or erasing the CMOS etc doesn't help.

So after more searching around it appears that there is a NIC address flash setting utility that can be used to sort it. Im having a look for it now for you. What i would suggest is that you get in touch with Asrock and ask tech support for the utility to fix the issue, incase i cant find it for you. :)

EDIT

This is apparantly the tool you need, its for another board, but it cant hurt to try as people are having success with other models
http://www.asrock.com/support/Download/K7VT4A+&K7VM3 MAC.asp

If that doesnt work then take a look at the last help question on the page for MAC addresses aswell.

Good Luck:)

Back
Top Bottom