lower priced ram

Derek1

Baseband Member
Ive heard that the price for ram is going down because of too much of it or something.... my freind found a 512 stick for $40 on newegg but i could find it, anyone else heard about this or found any low priced but quality ram?

Finding a 512mb stick isn't a big deal, since there is more to ram than the size and plus it could just be really low quality ram.

most ram like the 512 stick your friend found for 40 bucks, is either refurb or probably some no-name brand that will probably crap out within a year, srry m8 but I wouldnt buy cheep ram if I were you, if your gonna skimp on something to cut price do it for a case or something, but do yourself a favor and get some name-brand ram like.... Crucial, Mushkin, Kingston, GeIL, Corsair,OCZ, etc.... I just wouldnt buy cheap ram, it's not worth it most of the time..

samsung

i dont know how much samsung is with computer parts quality, but appearently it was them who lowered there prices, i know they make good electronics but i dont know how they are for computers.

I'ev noticed ram fall in price last few months. when i was building in january Geil dual channel kit (2x512mb) was £99. it now goes (at the same shop) for about £70.
The single sticks have fell even more in price

its all good! :D

The reason that the DDR RAM is going so cheaply is because all the dealers are trying to flog it off before DDR2 RAM is the only one to get. That pushes the price down, and because some companies haven't released that not everyone uses Intels, which means not everyone uses DDR. Some of the cheaper RAM is still good, for example if they have Elixir or Samsung chips they can usually be counted on. Scan do some great deals on RAM with those chips in, and it is also very good.

Back
Top Bottom