Low Voltage Chips(I5 3317U) 20% Optimization Problem.

Cha0s

Beta member
Hey Guys,

I'm by no means a computer genius. But I do know my way around them. I have come by an extremely strange issue that I have been trying for days to fix. Hopefully the wait is over.

Anyways, I have a I5 3317U Low voltage processor. Since I owned it I been stuck by bad performance and could never really put my finger on it since the hardware seemed to be able to do what i was doing. It just always handled it terribly. Here's my Problem;

When The Laptop is plugged in, it runs at 20% Optimization. Meaning I only get 0.78GHZ of my 2.6GHZ that it should be. As soon as I unplug the chord it runs at full power, however, doing what i'm doing the battery only last about an hour. I've tried everything. There's no Options in the BIOS, The Power Settings don't seem to fix it, I'm just completely stuck. Hoping someone has ran into this issue before, and has a quick fix for it.

I'm using an ASUS S56CM.

Thanks for any help.

Your power plan is inverted. Got to the power plans and under the one you're running click on the advanced link. In the box that opens up scroll down to processor power.
Check all of the processor settings. On a laptop you should have separate plugged in and battery settings. Keep active cooling enabled.
Sounds like to me that the power for plugged in and on battery are reversed.

Back
Top Bottom