lots of annoying little problems

Lamilia

Solid State Member
First of all let me say this is my new favorite forum....computerforum.com wasn't much help and it took me until now to notice it :p . I'm just gonna copy and paste what I said there.
I have been having computer problems for a while now, and I couldn't figure it out so I just let it go. First my PC will start up automatically like 10 seconds after I shut it down sometimes. Also sometimes it will show the windows loading screen and after that it will go to a black screen (and never boot XP). Most of the time all I have to do is turn off the computer and try again, but sometimes I have to go into safe mode and return to a previous state with the system restore thing before it will work again. Keep in mind that this happens at random times. There were times when I hadn't installed, downloaded, or messed with anything (other than running games and firefox) for weeks and it still happened. So today I used google and came up with a few things that might help so I restart my pc and go into BIOS and my keyboard won't work at all, which is weird since it needs to recognize my keyboard to get into BIOS. I'm thinking its a bad motherboard, but I want to ask here before I go to all the trouble of getting a new one.
Also one more bit to add. Sometimes xfire and any game that I happen to be playing at the time will work with the internet but firefox (and I think other browsers) won't work until I restart. My computer is very odd and I don't know why...thanks in advance for helping.

hmmmm when you say it

Also sometimes it will show the windows loading screen and after that it will go to a black screen

does your computer sound like its still on ? or does it go off.

do you have a seperate graphcis card to your motherboard ?

update your motherboard / graphics drivers/

try a system repair with your XP disk <--------- Last Option

sounds to me like if your pc stays on when you say above ^ then its a software issue either drivers or OS,

if your pc stays on then it also could be a dead / faulty hardrive,

if your pc shuts off when you say above ^ then i would guess its a hardware issue probably motherboard

hmm my last post didn't show up...oh well...anyways all you need to know is it worked thanks very much so far my pc seems to be running perfectly. This is a little less important but I just remembered it. When I click on start and go to search the search menu doesn't show up...is there any way I might have disables this on accident or something? It's kind of weird though because if I disabled it it wouldn't be right there on my start menu would it?

Ok another little issue. When I first start up my pc it says the last overclock failed or something like that (I'll write it down if you want me to). All I have to do is click f1 to start up xp but it has happened 2 times now. When I went into the BIOS menu all the cpu stuff was default except one was set kind of low and the default was auto apparently...should I set it to auto? Should I write down what it was and what the setting was at and post it here?

Back
Top Bottom