Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-07-2006, 01:41 AM   #11
Daemon Poster
 
pctechmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 836
Send a message via AIM to pctechmike Send a message via MSN to pctechmike
Default Re: Lost xp password

Let him know there are programs that can do what he needs them to do. He can Google them. If he can find his password.....

He wanted you to figure out how to get around a password.......
so you post the question in a public forum.......
and risk your reputation for someone you know or don't know??????

If someone asked me that, and I didn't know them that well, I would say they are trying to get into something they don't belong. That's not what this forum is for. If he has a legit computer, and he lost his password to Windows (I could understand a Web site or something, but Windows ) and if he can prove that the computer is his, then we wouldn't have a problem helping. In a public place such as this, it's hard to tell who just wants to know something, and who wants to get into something. Tell the guy good luck.
__________________

__________________
Pctechmike
www.adequateitsolutions.com
Please Add To My Rep If I Helped You
pctechmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:40 AM   #12
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 58
Default Re: Lost xp password

... even if he didnt look here it would take 2 seconds to do a google search to figure that one out. in all reality he could have made a better story of my sister was being mean and so on and what not. and if you or any one here is worried about legal action you are being to cautious imho. they cant pin you for anything at all giving information that general let alone shut down this site or they would have to shut down well the internet if you understand waht im saying. hell all the p2p have not shut it down its not going happen any time soon. like may be when the earths liquid metal core stops spinning may be then the internet will get shut down.


im jsut saying that that kind of info is easy to fine he just came here to find it first.
__________________

__________________
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.i probably spelled taht wrong
C.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:22 AM   #13
Daemon Poster
 
pctechmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 836
Send a message via AIM to pctechmike Send a message via MSN to pctechmike
Default Re: Lost xp password

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.
... even if he didnt look here it would take 2 seconds to do a google search to figure that one out. in all reality he could have made a better story of my sister was being mean and so on and what not.
I agree, a quick Google search could produce the results he needs. It's not hard to do this, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.
and if you or any one here is worried about legal action you are being to cautious imho. they cant pin you for anything at all giving information that general let alone shut down this site or they would have to shut down well the internet if you understand waht im saying. hell all the p2p have not shut it down its not going happen any time soon. like may be when the earths liquid metal core stops spinning may be then the internet will get shut down.


im jsut saying that that kind of info is easy to fine he just came here to find it first.
I'm not worried about legal action, or getting this Web site shut down. According to rule 11: (A) Do not ask for or offer activation codes for software. Also asking for or offering instructions for breaking in to web sites, e-mail, message services, or software is against forum policy.
To me, asking for a way around a password for Windows, is breaking into sofware, especially with the story that was presented. I want to help the guy, but a Windows password is not something you typically forget- sorry, but that's my opinion.
__________________
Pctechmike
www.adequateitsolutions.com
Please Add To My Rep If I Helped You
pctechmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:25 PM   #14
In Runtime
 
outlawstar4761's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 186
Default Re: Lost xp password

Quote:
Originally Posted by pctechmike
Let him know there are programs that can do what he needs them to do. He can Google them. If he can find his password.....

He wanted you to figure out how to get around a password.......
so you post the question in a public forum.......
and risk your reputation for someone you know or don't know??????

If someone asked me that, and I didn't know them that well, I would say they are trying to get into something they don't belong. That's not what this forum is for. If he has a legit computer, and he lost his password to Windows (I could understand a Web site or something, but Windows ) and if he can prove that the computer is his, then we wouldn't have a problem helping. In a public place such as this, it's hard to tell who just wants to know something, and who wants to get into something. Tell the guy good luck.
I know him reasonably well, and he's completely computer illiterate. So I'd say that he's probably not lieing...but after you put it like that...I'm ashamed :-[
outlawstar4761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:30 PM   #15
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: Lost xp password

Id actually say that this this is hard to beleive.. I say YOU do the google search, instead of him. Or head to some other place. Stay around for the legal bit though
__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:10 PM   #16
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 58
Default Re: Lost xp password

like arrizx munzik said im more intersted in the legal point of it all. leagly waht can and can not be said here wow never been on a fourm where i could say something illegal... wait isnt that treding on the freedom of speech thing we have going? well then... i believe we can tell some one how to break into a bank but as long as we dont profit or play in part of it. ie actualy plan it out we are fine...

well where can i find these rules of what can and cannot be said?
__________________
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.i probably spelled taht wrong
C.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:49 PM   #17
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: Lost xp password

Its a rule of thumb that we just dont do..
__________________

__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0