Lost XP COA CD Key

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
About 2 years ago I purchased a copy of windows xp home. I would like to install it on a new pc, as the old one was thrown aways a few months ago. I can't try to recover the cd as the old pc's hdd is broken completely so does anoybody know how much Microsoft would charge for a new key (and if they still would seeing as vista is now out). I still have the CD and box.

i had a brief look on the ms site and only found the price in $

Windows XP Home Edition—full version $184.00
Windows XP Home Edition—version upgrade $84.00

thats just for the key. it says "additional licensing" but you had a key before so this should work

well you have the cd, so you just need a key to go with it. id just get a key on its own. although you may have windows xp home sp1, and the newer keys are sp2. depends what cd you have i think.

My XP HOME CD only cost £60 brand new about two years ago so its probably cheaper to just go buy a new disc

Microsoft are rip off merchants. On newegg its $195 for the full sp2 xp home edition. So for an extra $20 after postage (compared to just the key) you could have sp2 integrated.

yea i wouldnt buy off microsoft direct, but you asked how much microsoft would charge :p

Cant you call up microsoft and say your hdd went bad and you need to reinstall XP, but lost the key...then just activate it over the phone.

Back
Top Bottom