Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-28-2009, 05:47 PM   #121
Guru
 
JogaBonito1502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: Lost in the world of upgrades

If that's all you do then what you picked should be perfect. I would add an 8600GT or some low end card too. Whats your OS? 4GB of RAM may be overkill (if you're running XP).

edit: You might not even need a video card. I think onboard might run your games just fine.
__________________

JogaBonito1502 is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 06:01 PM   #122
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 54
Talking Re: Lost in the world of upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
If that's all you do then what you picked should be perfect. I would add an 8600GT or some low end card too. Whats your OS? 4GB of RAM may be overkill (if you're running XP).

edit: You might not even need a video card. I think onboard might run your games just fine.
Well thank you!!!!!!!!! It will have windows vista home premium 32-bit, I got a deal on the ram, and has a 25.00 mail in rebate with it
__________________

__________________
Lost in the computer World
ConfusedGirl is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 06:02 PM   #123
Guru
 
JogaBonito1502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: Lost in the world of upgrades

Well no problem! Just glad you got it sorted out. Going with the Windsor 3.0 and the Gigabyte 780G then?
JogaBonito1502 is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 06:05 PM   #124
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 54
Default Re: Lost in the world of upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
Well no problem! Just glad you got it sorted out. Going with the Windsor 3.0 and the Gigabyte 780G then?
yeah I think so. thanks for listening and really hearing me out, I feel better now. Maybe in the future I will get quad core. but just now now. I just don't need it, not for my purposes anyways :P see??? im really not difficult, just needed to be heard
__________________
Lost in the computer World
ConfusedGirl is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 06:06 PM   #125
Guru
 
JogaBonito1502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: Lost in the world of upgrades

Yep...I didn't get myself a quad either. No need...plus I was on a budget.
JogaBonito1502 is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 06:13 PM   #126
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 54
Default Re: Lost in the world of upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
Yep...I didn't get myself a quad either. No need...plus I was on a budget.
jog? is this the windosr your talking about:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Windsor 3.2GHz Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor Model ADX6400CZBOX - Retail

or is it another one? I wanna make sure we are on the same page.

PS. The wattage is 125. isnt that high? the other one was only 89w.
__________________
Lost in the computer World
ConfusedGirl is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 06:15 PM   #127
Guru
 
JogaBonito1502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: Lost in the world of upgrades

I was talking about this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103272

I guess it's not a Windsor (Dang! I thought the 3.0 was one). My bad. The 6400 is a great processor if you want to go with that. A higher clock on a dual-core will be more use to you than a quad. I don't know why I didn't suggest that before...
JogaBonito1502 is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #128
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 54
Default Re: Lost in the world of upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
I was talking about this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103272

I guess it's not a Windsor (Dang! I thought the 3.0 was one). My bad. The 6400 is a great processor if you want to go with that. A higher clock on a dual-core will be more use to you than a quad. I don't know why I didn't suggest that before...
yeah thats the one that is sold out now. that one was my original choice. but since its not in stock anymore the only
64 x2 that is 3.0 ghz or more is the 6400+ 3.2 ghz. its 125w though should I be worried about the wattage?

Ps. I wonder how long it takes newegg to get them back in stock again
__________________
Lost in the computer World
ConfusedGirl is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 06:21 PM   #129
Guru
 
JogaBonito1502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: Lost in the world of upgrades

Can you open you tower up and tell me what the label on your PSU says?
JogaBonito1502 is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 06:24 PM   #130
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 54
Default Re: Lost in the world of upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
Can you open you tower up and tell me what the label on your PSU says?
as far as wattage is 580 watts, and they only part of the label I can read is Demon Black Chrome, Dual Fans 580 watts. is that what your looking for hun?
__________________

__________________
Lost in the computer World
ConfusedGirl is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0