lost User password

Status
Not open for further replies.

elizabeth13

Beta member
My husband and I have a Compaq laptop that he used to use when traveling.
Stored all his documents in the user "Administrator".
When I began using the computer about 2 years ago, I set up another user and password . THis is where I store all my documents. I have been the sole user for about 18 months.
My husband has some info he would like to get from the "Administrator" user and my Second Copy somehow got changed and for the past month is backing up my documents into the Administrator user. We cannot find the password for the original user and cannot access the Administrator. (Pls, don't tell me how stupid we were... usually save, and save and save).
How can we access these files in the Administrator?
We have tried opening up in Safe Mode and changing the password. It doesn't seem to hold it. Also tried this method using Tweak.
Thanks Liz

hopefully this helps, hopefully this works

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/gr/pcloginnow.htm

Oh i forgot to mention be carefull if you do this
you may loose everything if you accounts are encryped so be VERY careful about it!

Liz, before trying something this drastic, boot up and press F8 continuously while it's booting up, once the menu pops up choose boot up in safe mode, you will then be logged on as administrator, you should then have access to anything you need, hope that helps, also, you could try to download SIW (System Information for Windows), there should be a "secrets" choice in the left dialog box that will have passwords on the computer, but I think it may only be Firefox stored passwords, try it though...

both of these options I listed are risk free, your data will definitely be safe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom