Lost Planet Extreme Conditions offline?

So I make a run downtown to pick up a new game. Decided on picking up LP since it looked pretty sweet. I get home and go to install it and get a flipping steam error. Google a bit find out I've gotta download steam for it. In the process of updating it please tell me I can at least play this game offline.

I assumed there was a online multiplayer from the spec box but I assumed the game could be played offline as well right? I'm not going to be to happy if I just bought this and it needs 2 be played online. Only because i'm stuck on dial up I only get to play online when I go downtown and haul my computer with me.

OMFG this sucks. So I finally get this steam installed. I install the game and it automatically starts to download game updates. I even tried turning in game updates off while doing a re install of the game. But as soon as it installs it trys to update.

I can't play the game after it starts a update. So now I'll probally have to leave my computer on for a week to download the damn multiplayer updates that I won't use.

Anyway to clear the start of a update so I can go into offline mode and play the game? When I try it the games says its not ready to be played because its in the middle of downloading flippin updates.

you had quite a slow internet connection, right?
In that case you could see if you can find a patch that is in .exe so one of your friends could download it and transfer it to your computer. Then just manually update it and steam shouldn't start downloading updates anymore.

I know that isn't an ideal solution but it's faster than waiting a week to get the updates downloaded.

yea thats some stupid ass stupid thing steam decided on doing. needing to have internet while u play campaign. i was flabbergasted when i read that. i thought it would be a lot more dial up friendly. yea it sucks. u need to have steam online to play the story mode.

i was really intent on getting this for the multiplayer part but when i saw some reviews i decided to wait a bit. multiplayer never worked when it made its debut and ppl couldnt find each other online. its good that they started making online updates. but why dont u just...never mind. was gonna suggest u turn ur internet off so the updates wouldnt come but u need internet to play. SEE how stupid steam is!@#@$!!!!!!!!!!!!1

So I make a run downtown to pick up a new game. Decided on picking up LP since it looked pretty sweet. I get home and go to install it and get a flipping steam error. Google a bit find out I've gotta download steam for it. In the process of updating it please tell me I can at least play this game offline.

I assumed there was a online multiplayer from the spec box but I assumed the game could be played offline as well right? I'm not going to be to happy if I just bought this and it needs 2 be played online. Only because i'm stuck on dial up I only get to play online when I go downtown and haul my computer with me.

come on mattie pleese help me how do i prove that i am not hacking... if i was on someone elses computer i wouldnt be able to use it all the time they would of found me by now....

i wouldnt be able to make these threads they would of saw them...

yea thats some stupid ass stupid thing steam decided on doing. needing to have internet while u play campaign. i was flabbergasted when i read that. i thought it would be a lot more dial up friendly. yea it sucks. u need to have steam online to play the story mode.

i was really intent on getting this for the multiplayer part but when i saw some reviews i decided to wait a bit. multiplayer never worked when it made its debut and ppl couldnt find each other online. its good that they started making online updates. but why dont u just...never mind. was gonna suggest u turn ur internet off so the updates wouldnt come but u need internet to play. SEE how stupid steam is!@#@$!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Well I have been googling it some trying to find a way around it. I've read that you can put steam in offline mode to just play the game in offline mode. Problem is as soon as the game finishes installing it starts to download the damn updates. Also I tried installing it without the internet on but then it won't install because steam needs to be online for the install. LMAO this is funny. I was going to buy bf2142 but decided to pick this up because it has DX10 and I figured I'd see how it ran. Now watch when I finally get it all downloaded then the game will bsod on me.

All I can say is I better be able to play this offline after I get this update downloaded. On a plus note when I tried to figure out how big the update was I saw some file at roughly 7800mbs and new the DVD was 6988mbs so I figured I'd be downloading around 850megs.

So I was kinda happy when I saw it hit 1% completed around 3.2-3.5megs which means the file can't be any bigger than 350megs right?

By my figures giving a average download speed of 4.5kb/s or 16.2MB/Hr LOL it should take me roughly 21-22hrs of straight downloading :) Less than I thought at first but still bs.

And to lordlactose please don't hijack my thread. That is my personal opinion if you somehow managed to put yourself in that situation I would suggest backing up your files and reformatting your computer making a note of the admin password. If they really are your accounts that shouldn't be a problem right?

Back
Top Bottom