Lost/Never got Windows XP cd-key

I have the cd just not the key

If you have the CD you dont have PROBLEM reinstall windows and when it gets to input CD KEY CODE thats when you contact Microsoft , I'm sure it take you to a page with a number on to ring, I have done it myself when I used my key to many times and it said invalid key, what happens is they will activate it for you.

If you have the CD you dont have PROBLEM reinstall windows and when it gets to input CD KEY CODE thats when you contact Microsoft , I'm sure it take you to a page with a number on to ring, I have done it myself when I used my key to many times and it said invalid key, what happens is they will activate it for you.

If you wouldn't mind please repeat that except legibly with more explanation. Thanks.

If you wouldn't mind please repeat that except legibly with more explanation. Thanks.

Sorry if you dont understand I will try again. 1 put you XP CD in and let it boot the CD. 2 follow the instructions on installing windows XP. 3 when its finished installing and asks you for your CD KEY you could try putting in something, what should happen is it will say invalid KEY and take you to another page with the phone number on to ring. If it does not then ring this number 0870 60 10 100 UK number. 4 tell them you have the CD but not the CD key, tell them you reformatted the computer and that when you reinstalled windows you found that you did not have one.
They will do two things 1 tell you some instructions that you type in and then they activate it for you or 2 They will refer you back to the shop you bought the computer from.
If they tell you to go back to the shop then thats in your hands to challenge the retailer who sold you your computer,the only other way to do it is buy a new copy of xp to get the key or buy a new key direct from Microsoft.

Hmmm I see you already rung microsft, I must have mist that its late and im tired, how come you got the automated response? I got the rep when I did it, where are you from? anyway as microsft has said they wont help you, you will have to go to the shop you bought it from and create holy hell, is it still under warranty? Im now at a loss for words unless you find a key elsewhere;)

Sorry if you dont understand I will try again. 1 put you XP CD in and let it boot the CD. 2 follow the instructions on installing windows XP. 3 when its finished installing and asks you for your CD KEY you could try putting in something, what should happen is it will say invalid KEY and take you to another page with the phone number on to ring. If it does not then ring this number 0870 60 10 100 UK number. 4 tell them you have the CD but not the CD key, tell them you reformatted the computer and that when you reinstalled windows you found that you did not have one.
They will do two things 1 tell you some instructions that you type in and then they activate it for you or 2 They will refer you back to the shop you bought the computer from.
If they tell you to go back to the shop then thats in your hands to challenge the retailer who sold you your computer,the only other way to do it is buy a new copy of xp to get the key or buy a new key direct from Microsoft.

Sorry about the way I replied, now I realize that you are in the UK while I am in the US. The ring thing confused me but now I see what you mean. Thanks.

Update: I tried what you said and it just tells me it's invalid. There is no other page with a number to call. I'm not in the UK so the number you gave me wont really help.

Back
Top Bottom