Lord of the Rings Online - choppy?

Labyrus

Solid State Member
Hey guys.

Ok, here's the deal. I'm playing LOTRonline and it seems way too choppy for my machine. Here are the details:

The GAME: You can choose graphics details from very low, low, medium, high, very high, ultra high. The game said my optimum performance would come with the "high" setting so that's what I went with. Res is 1200x800, windowed and full-screen.

My MACHINE:
Vostro 1500, Intel Core 2 Duo T7500, 2.2GHz, 800Mhz FSB, 4M L2 Cache
15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA LCD display with TrueLife for Vostro 1500
2GB, DDR2, 667MHz 2 DIMM
256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
160GB Free Fall Sensor Hard Drive, 7200RPM,
Genuine Windows XP Home Edition, SP2
Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem, for Inspiron
8X DVD+/-RW with double-layer DVD+R write capability, w Roxio Creator
Integrated High Definition Audio 2.0
Dell Wireless 1505 Wireless-N Mini-card
85 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery, for Vostro 1500
Factory Enable 40GB Primary Partition, Remainder Secondaryfor Latitude, OptiPlex Precision

So on this machine, should I really be running into choppiness? I'm running off a cable modem and the areas in the game I've been to so far aren't very populated.

I can get my character to move fine and everything, it just isn't a seamless transition...it jerks.

Any suggestions?

its called lag.
how badly does it do it though?
getting lag online isnt just about your gpu specs, there are other factors to consider

Well, it seems to do it everytime I sign on. I'm beginning to wonder if it could be the cable company up here...

At my old cable company, before I moved, I played WoW without any problems and that was on an older machine.

I have noticed my videos take longer to buffer up here...hmmm.

well my knowledge of online gaming is very little, as i dont really do it.
whats your connection speed anyway?

Back
Top Bottom