Re: loose cpu fan
no the theraml compound only helps to transfer the heat it shouldnt glue it to the cpu. the light only means theres power going into it. i think u mean reset the bios, jsut press the little button on ur mobo by the battery, if there isnt one, remove the battery for a minute or so and then put it back in. overloading the psu could damage ur mobo and other things because they're not getting enough power. just look on the side of the psu at the sticker. if it doesnt have one the psu cant be very good and i'd get a new one.
AMD 3000+ @ 2.25
Corsair Twinx 1024mb 2x512mb XMS
MSI 6600GT's SLIed @ 565/1100
Neo 4 Platinum SLI Mobo