Looking to upgrade Asus-870 (soundcard/graphics card)

scruffy1012

Baseband Member
Hey, im looking for a good sound card for recording and a good graphics card. Current computer spec is

• Processor (Ghz): 2.93 GHz
  • Ram: 8GB DDR3
  • Hdd: 2TB
  • Processor Type/Brand: Intel Core i7 870
  • Included Operating Software: Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)
  • Wireless Networking: No
  • Graphics Specification: 2GB Nvidia GT430 Dedicated Graphics
  • Optical Drive: DVD SuperMulti SATA

Im looking for a graphics card to play newer games on (hitman abolsution etc), and also a medium to high quality sound card. Also is there any other components i need to change as well ?

Usually the integrated sound card is more than adequate for most people? Do you plan on doing something that the integrated sound card would come up short on such as audio recording, mixing and mastering?

How much are you willing to spend on a video card?

Usually the integrated sound card is more than adequate for most people? Do you plan on doing something that the integrated sound card would come up short on such as audio recording, mixing and mastering?

How much are you willing to spend on a video card?

I've heard that when installing better graphics cards it can lower sound quality in general, does anyone know if this is actually true ? i don't mind the generic sound card i have at the moment, it gets the job done for now, its just i don't want any hiss problems etc. For video card im around the $300-400 AUS bracket, i don't mind going used, but i think i'll need to have to get a better power supply to run the graphics card.

Back
Top Bottom